Female HS track star says lawsuit to overturn Conn. transgender athlete policy 'absolutely necessary'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:07 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:21 am

I think it’s fair to say that biological males put girls at a major competitive disadvantage. Completely support LGBT community but compromise in areas like this is reasonable.
I agree. I’m also troubled by the message we are also sending to young girls, that they are still second class citizens. A big part of being female, is that history. Being female isn’t about about make up, the clothes or shoes you wear. Those who are transgender should understand what being second class is, and should exhibit the same empathy and compassion they are wanting to receive.
Well by becoming female these biological men just became second class as you would say. If they're taking the hormones and getting the surgery they're going far beyond makeup and clothes. That being said I'm unsure how I feel about this. There might be a day when all sports compete as wrestlers do by weight, not by S*x. Or transgender women may compete with men and vice versa. I've no dog in this. I think it's up to the athletes and the coaches themselves to decide what is best.
Being transgender, they already are second class citizens. As a woman, knowing and understanding our history, having some experience, I have empathy and compassion for them. This is why I’m willing to find compromise because people shouldn’t be treated or feel like they are less than another group of people. BUT the solution needs to be compromise. It can’t be all or nothing. It’s like this, I’ll respect anyone’s right to think and believe whatever they choose, but that ends when it extends to infringement of others rights.

**eta I’m not saying that this is infringement per se, just using it as an example.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:55 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:17 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 am

I agree. I’m also troubled by the message we are also sending to young girls, that they are still second class citizens. A big part of being female, is that history. Being female isn’t about about make up, the clothes or shoes you wear. Those who are transgender should understand what being second class is, and should exhibit the same empathy and compassion they are wanting to receive.
I also don’t like sending the message that transgender women are physically equal to women. I haven’t seen it a lot so this isn’t a generalization but for example.... I have seen trans women threaten to fight a woman as if it wasn’t equivalent to a man hitting a woman.

Transgenders are treated like a second class citizen and worse in a lot of ways. But I think that we all need to be mindful do there are certain uncontrollable factors that makes bio males and women different.
That’s why I said they should understand what being second class is and should show the same compassion and empathy. It can’t be this self absorbed, one way only. How someone identifies, the hormones taken after puberty has begun, doesn’t change biology. Muscle mass grows differently between males and females, fat deposits differently, nutritional needs are different. It’s not simply a difference in reproductive organs and hormones. They are still trying to decide how to address this with the Olympics. Even though the past few times there was no gender testing, it’s being reconsidered because it’s creating uneven playing fields.
My fault, I read your comment wrong. I see what you’re saying.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:53 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:55 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:17 am

I also don’t like sending the message that transgender women are physically equal to women. I haven’t seen it a lot so this isn’t a generalization but for example.... I have seen trans women threaten to fight a woman as if it wasn’t equivalent to a man hitting a woman.

Transgenders are treated like a second class citizen and worse in a lot of ways. But I think that we all need to be mindful do there are certain uncontrollable factors that makes bio males and women different.
That’s why I said they should understand what being second class is and should show the same compassion and empathy. It can’t be this self absorbed, one way only. How someone identifies, the hormones taken after puberty has begun, doesn’t change biology. Muscle mass grows differently between males and females, fat deposits differently, nutritional needs are different. It’s not simply a difference in reproductive organs and hormones. They are still trying to decide how to address this with the Olympics. Even though the past few times there was no gender testing, it’s being reconsidered because it’s creating uneven playing fields.
My fault, I read your comment wrong. I see what you’re saying.
No worries, I realize it wasn’t worded well.
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I how they win. It is a fact men have more strength than women,, giving them an advantage when competing against women. A male wanting to be female and competing in the female arena doesn’t make that competition fair.
Progress, not perfection.
Locked Previous topicNext topic