CORONAVIRUS: UPDATES AND TRACKING

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:04 pm
Carpy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:48 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:42 pm

I'm pretty sure that's fake. Look at the sentence structure, spellings, and use of contractions. It's not google translate and it reads like a native English speaker trying to fake it.

I have really appreciated the updates from cousins who are in Beijing and find them much more accurate that crap on FB.
It isn't fake. Three companies we deal with posted the same thing and sent them in messenger.
[/quotawe]

uh-huh.
Uh huh. Pretty much everyone here knows what I do.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:09 pm
Carpy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:48 pm

It isn't fake. Three companies we deal with posted the same thing and sent them in messenger.
[/quotawe]

uh-huh.
I know what you do. I know that a large portion of your business is firework sales and that you either import direct or through a distributor. I don't doubt that you received these messages but these are not official messages being distributed in China. They are purposely written, if you read carefully, to be absurd. The punctuation, and syntax is excellent but coronavirus is misspelled repeatedly.

In my limited experience, Chinese people aren't dumb. Chinese companies don't hire dumb marketing personnel. The message(s) you received via messenger are not typical but they are stereo-typical. That is why I doubt their authenticity. If you have dealt with Chinese companies directly (not through a third party) then you should doubt them also.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:42 pm
Carpy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:09 pm

I know what you do. I know that a large portion of your business is firework sales and that you either import direct or through a distributor. I don't doubt that you received these messages but these are not official messages being distributed in China. They are purposely written, if you read carefully, to be absurd. The punctuation, and syntax is excellent but coronavirus is misspelled repeatedly.

In my limited experience, Chinese people aren't dumb. Chinese companies don't hire dumb marketing personnel. The message(s) you received via messenger are not typical but they are stereo-typical. That is why I doubt their authenticity. If you have dealt with Chinese companies directly (not through a third party) then you should doubt them also.
I deal with this woman frequently for years and do not doubt this a bit.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:59 pm Chinese fireworks company Facebook propaganda.
20200212_175600.jpg
I'm pretty sure that's fake. Look at the sentence structure, spellings, and use of contractions. It's not google translate and it reads like a native English speaker trying to fake it.

I have really appreciated the updates from cousins who are in Beijing and find them much more accurate that crap on FB.
So what are they saying? Are the numbers being under reported? Is the quarantine that extensive as some are saying?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:17 pm
Carpy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:59 pm Chinese fireworks company Facebook propaganda.
20200212_175600.jpg

So what are they saying? Are the numbers being under reported? Is the quarantine that extensive as some are saying?
Update from three days ago:

Coronavirus Update: All is well with us here in the Jing. Life is somewhat normal, just a bit different. This week I am back to work after the Chinese New Year break, but will be teaching online from home. Both international and local schools are closed indefinitely. Optimistically, we will return to the campus at the beginning of March. We will see. Within E, S, and B continue to receive their instruction and submit tasks online from home as well.
Life around the city is very calm. Either most people have not yet returned from the holiday or are working from home.
We met friends for dinner tonight at a favorite restaurant. Most places are either closed, or have varying hours of operation. In a city of more than 20 million people, it is amazing how fast we can get around right now!!
We wear masks when out an about, with more and more places making it mandatory. We wear them in cars and in public places, but not when we are within our compound (apartment complex).
We are free to come and go where and when we want. EVERYWHERE, including our compound conducts temperature checks when entering. Large gatherings are not permitted in private or in public, but we have not seen any enforcement of this thus far.
As stated previously, there is so much hype in the western media. WE are actually LIVING here and have an authentic perspective. Our concern does not stem from the virus itself, but on the reaction to it both here and abroad.
This is no one's fault...please be kind and DO NOT feed into the continuing anti-China sentiment.
If you have any questions about life from within, please let us know!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:04 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:17 pm

Update from three days ago:

Coronavirus Update: All is well with us here in the Jing. Life is somewhat normal, just a bit different. This week I am back to work after the Chinese New Year break, but will be teaching online from home. Both international and local schools are closed indefinitely. Optimistically, we will return to the campus at the beginning of March. We will see. Within E, S, and B continue to receive their instruction and submit tasks online from home as well.
Life around the city is very calm. Either most people have not yet returned from the holiday or are working from home.
We met friends for dinner tonight at a favorite restaurant. Most places are either closed, or have varying hours of operation. In a city of more than 20 million people, it is amazing how fast we can get around right now!!
We wear masks when out an about, with more and more places making it mandatory. We wear them in cars and in public places, but not when we are within our compound (apartment complex).
We are free to come and go where and when we want. EVERYWHERE, including our compound conducts temperature checks when entering. Large gatherings are not permitted in private or in public, but we have not seen any enforcement of this thus far.
As stated previously, there is so much hype in the western media. WE are actually LIVING here and have an authentic perspective. Our concern does not stem from the virus itself, but on the reaction to it both here and abroad.
This is no one's fault...please be kind and DO NOT feed into the continuing anti-China sentiment.
If you have any questions about life from within, please let us know!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Thank you for sharing. Glad your crew seems to be staying well over there.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As of this morning:

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

my friend in france said this
here in france the asian community had to start the I Am Not A Virus campaign because of the wave of racism and ostracism
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:07 am As of this morning:

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:
How many people died from the flu in 2020?
So far, 6,600 people have died and 120,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released Friday. Of those deaths, 39 were children, a group that's particularly vulnerable to the flu and its complications.Jan 17, 2020
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

scemily526 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:03 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:07 am As of this morning:

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:
How many people died from the flu in 2020?
So far, 6,600 people have died and 120,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released Friday. Of those deaths, 39 were children, a group that's particularly vulnerable to the flu and its complications.Jan 17, 2020
I get that! But the coronavirus is in it's infancy and is much more lethal percent wise than any flu, or even SARS now.
Locked Previous topicNext topic