How the OK sign came to be used by white supremacists

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The NYT did an article explaining how the white supremacists stole the OK sign for themselves.
It started in early 2017 as a hoax. Some users of 4chan, an anonymous and unrestricted online message board, began what they called “Operation O-KKK,” to see if they could trick the wider world — and especially liberals and the mainstream media — into believing that the innocuous gesture was actually a clandestine symbol of white power.

The 4chan hoax succeeded all too well, and it ceased being a hoax.

Neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klansmen, Proud Boys and other white nationalists began using the gesture in public to signal their presence and to spot potential sympathizers and recruits. For them, the letters formed by the hand were not O and K, but W and P, for “white power.”
And when things got too out of control and someone might be at risk for losing their job, for example, they could always claim they were just saying OK or just playing a game.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

lol, the proud boys arent a "white nationalist" group. I am not even some fan of theirs but this lie is constantly repeated and just proves to me that the MSM does no independent research. their sources are other biased "journalists" instead of the original source (proud boys). they say it on their main page that all races are welcome, they have members of all races and the founder isnt even married to a white woman and has biracial children. He has explicitly stated he is not a white nationalist.

btw, the 4chan hoax included convincing dumb asses that the O and K meant W, P for white power. that's the joke.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

👌🏾 OK.
If you say so. 👌🏾
KAG
Mean Girl
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Actually, that is the devil's sign, the 666.

;)
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If you do it with your left hand and hold it just so it makes a W b for “Wild Bitches”
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:00 pm lol, the proud boys arent a "white nationalist" group. I am not even some fan of theirs but this lie is constantly repeated and just proves to me that the MSM does no independent research. their sources are other biased "journalists" instead of the original source (proud boys). they say it on their main page that all races are welcome, they have members of all races and the founder isnt even married to a white woman and has biracial children. He has explicitly stated he is not a white nationalist.

btw, the 4chan hoax included convincing dumb asses that the O and K meant W, P for white power. that's the joke.
Gavin McInnes is a full caps DICK NOSE.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:00 pm lol, the proud boys arent a "white nationalist" group. I am not even some fan of theirs but this lie is constantly repeated and just proves to me that the MSM does no independent research. their sources are other biased "journalists" instead of the original source (proud boys). they say it on their main page that all races are welcome, they have members of all races and the founder isnt even married to a white woman and has biracial children. He has explicitly stated he is not a white nationalist.

Proud Boys are white nationalists. Racists make exceptions for themselves all the time. They can write anything they want on their websites, they are being judged on their actions.

It’s kind of funny idiots at 4chan would come up with this and their fellow racists are like, hey! That’s actually a cool idea. We’ll take it. A lot of them now are quite open about it.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is the hand sign for white power.
Some white supremacists, particularly in California, may use a two-handed handsign in which one hand forms the letter "W" and the other hand forms the letter "P," to represent WP or "White Power."

https://www.adl.org/education/reference ... lSvIb2Ijck
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Where it all started

KAG
Mean Girl
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/15/us/o ... power.html

I read the whole article before commenting. So now we are investigating white people for simply throwing the OK sign at a ball game?

WTF.
Locked Previous topicNext topic