Hate alive and well in our young military

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You’ve never heard of groups using symbols? Right arm raised for Hitler salute? Middle finger? Peace sign?

It’s well known that white supremists have stolen this sign as their version of a secret handshake.

Expand your reading and you won’t get so confused
iamanon wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:07 pm Remember when that used to be the sign for OK? Its just like everything else these days....turn everything into hate and bigotry and racism. EVERYTHING. Nothing is safe. Nothing is okay. Everything is wrong.
Who determined that after hundreds of years of the OK sign it was now WRONG? Who had so much power and authority to make that change?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:02 pm White supremacy may have adopted the “ok” sign but what does trump have to do with this particular segment of photos?
Sorry. I thought that picture was self explanatory v. It showed while they were saluting the flag these morons were saluting white power. In the video another guy pushed the guys hand down when he saw what he was doing. He knew it was inappropriate.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:44 pm The circle game? Looks like someone gonna get punched in the arm.
This is the circle game. Below the waist, look at it, get hit.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:01 pm
Mommabearof2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:44 pm The circle game? Looks like someone gonna get punched in the arm.
This is the circle game. Below the waist, look at it, get hit.
The way his hand is placed is at waist level, not below.

Even if this wasn’t supposed to be a hate symbol, they’re there in uniform and aware they’re on camera. Have a fun time at the game, sure, but it doesn’t really seem like an appropriate moment to be playing the circle game either.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can't claim to know what was in these men's heads while making that gesture. Wether it was a symbol of hate or an immature game I don't know as I'm not a mind reader. However, either way it was completely inappropriate for them to do especially while in uniform and I believe they should be reprimanded by their superior. No matter what was going through their heads it was a disgraceful action.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:47 pm
So ignorant. There's no way these young people haven't been taught what this sign is being used for. Let the excuses begin.
I graduated high school in 2005. This was the circle game.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

So ignorant. There's no way these young people haven't been taught what this sign is being used for. Let the excuses begin.

Signs mean different things in different regions. I'm not going to jump to the conclusion the young man is a racist without more information.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:42 pm
The circle game is a dumb game you play with your friends. It's not a sign that you publicly flash when your on TV. That doesn't even make sense.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Here's a theoretical.

If those young men were throwing gang signs, how would the reaction go?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:50 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:42 pm

The circle game is a dumb game you play with your friends. It's not a sign that you publicly flash when your on TV. That doesn't even make sense.
We had kids do them during class pictures. They thought it was hilarious. It wasn’t but still.
Locked Previous topicNext topic