Marijuana linked to psychosis, schizophrenia

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Is marijuana linked to psychosis, schizophrenia? It's contentious but doctors, feds say yes

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 168315002/
Not surprised.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think it’s been rushed and premature to hail pot as a “natural and safe cure all” as it’s being done now without a lot more research done not only on the actual effects on the many conditions people claim it helps them with, but also on safety.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Tobacco causes lung cancer and heart disease. Yet tobacco is still legal. And lung and heart disease from smoking affects many, many more people than any psychosis caused by cannabis.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s legal, but it’s not being pushed as a cure for anything. And it’s also not being promoted as safe. Warnings on cigarette packages are getting bigger and more direct than ever. In fact, the tobacco industry has been steadily declining while products meant to ease quitting smoking are on the increase. Not to mention that worldwide, countries have taken measures to decrease second hand exposure.
I do have to add, though, that I personally wouldn’t care if tobacco was illegal. Although we know by experience that prohibitions hardly work.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:31 pm Tobacco causes lung cancer and heart disease. Yet tobacco is still legal. And lung and heart disease from smoking affects many, many more people than any psychosis caused by cannabis.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

By the tons it is coming into this country — the deadly, dreadful poison that racks and tears not only the body, but the very heart and soul of every human being who once becomes a slave to it in any of its cruel and devastating forms. ... Marihuana is a short cut to the insane asylum. Smoke marihuana cigarettes for a month and what was once your brain will be nothing but a storehouse of horrid specters. Hasheesh makes a murderer who kills for the love of killing out of the mildest mannered man who ever laughed at the idea that any habit could ever get him. ...[18]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_J._Anslinger
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

stop smoking it then, pretty simple
Shoota
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:30 pm I think it’s been rushed and premature to hail pot as a “natural and safe cure all” as it’s being done now without a lot more research done not only on the actual effects on the many conditions people claim it helps them with, but also on safety.
I do think there’s still a lot of long term research to be done. And the pot of today is so much stronger than it use to be. But, I was really sick from lupus for over 3 months. Couldn’t work, dress myself or brush my hair, I was in so much pain. I took what’s called Rick Simpson oil. A concentrate of the entire plant. It was very strong, a dose was literally the size of a pin head, but it worked wonders for my pain and kept me off taking mass amounts of opiates. It was super helpful for me, but everyone is different. Just like everyone reacts to meds differently.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

I agree.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:30 pm I think it’s been rushed and premature to hail pot as a “natural and safe cure all” as it’s being done now without a lot more research done not only on the actual effects on the many conditions people claim it helps them with, but also on safety.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:39 pm It’s legal, but it’s not being pushed as a cure for anything. And it’s also not being promoted as safe. Warnings on cigarette packages are getting bigger and more direct than ever. In fact, the tobacco industry has been steadily declining while products meant to ease quitting smoking are on the increase. Not to mention that worldwide, countries have taken measures to decrease second hand exposure.
I do have to add, though, that I personally wouldn’t care if tobacco was illegal. Although we know by experience that prohibitions hardly work.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:31 pm Tobacco causes lung cancer and heart disease. Yet tobacco is still legal. And lung and heart disease from smoking affects many, many more people than any psychosis caused by cannabis.
There are warnings on cigars, chew, dips, and vape juices. Cigarettes, not so much. No warning labels on them as of yet. And vaping, which is by far the most effective and most popular stop-smoking method, has taken a big hit lately, due to the big controversy here in the states.

What gets me is all the controversy over tobacco/nicotine while they are pushing legalization of marijuana so hard and everybody and their uncle is now selling CBD and hemp products which are gaining in popularity.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:11 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:39 pm It’s legal, but it’s not being pushed as a cure for anything. And it’s also not being promoted as safe. Warnings on cigarette packages are getting bigger and more direct than ever. In fact, the tobacco industry has been steadily declining while products meant to ease quitting smoking are on the increase. Not to mention that worldwide, countries have taken measures to decrease second hand exposure.
There are warnings on cigars, chew, dips, and vape juices. Cigarettes, not so much. No warning labels on them as of yet. And vaping, which is by far the most effective and most popular stop-smoking method, has taken a big hit lately, due to the big controversy here in the states.

What gets me is all the controversy over tobacco/nicotine while they are pushing legalization of marijuana so hard and everybody and their uncle is now selling CBD and hemp products which are gaining in popularity.
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risk to Your Health.

That's all that's on a cigarette pack.

I wanted a JUUL. My middle son had a connection fit, saying they're killing people. I tried to explain and he wouldn't hear it. I have a couple of vapes, but I don't really like them. Especially the big rig. I had a Smok I liked but I lost it :(
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic