Anti-impeachment Democrat Jeff Van Drew meets with Trump to discuss party switch

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Rep. Jeff Van Drew, D-N.J., met with President Trump on Friday to discuss going across party lines and joining the Republican Party -- this after he has spent months criticizing fellow Democrats for their push to impeach Trump.

A source confirmed to Fox News on Saturday that Van Drew met with Trump to discuss switching parties.

Another source told Fox News that Van Drew may be seeking a Rose Garden ceremony if he were to switch. Van Drew is one of two Democrats who opposed the resolution codifying the impeachment probe. In addition, Van Drew indicated last week he would not support impeachment and thought impeachment would backfire on Democrats.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jeff-v ... rty-switch
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

More Fox “ news” posts.🙄
Who cares.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He's likely in a red district and worried about reelection. I don't understand the cult of trump.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:26 am He's likely in a red district and worried about reelection. I don't understand the cult of trump.
From what I read somewhere there are 31 house members in districts that Trump won. The dems don’t have a very big margin to pass if goes along party lines like it has so far. First completely partisan impeachment in history.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:06 am More Fox “ news” posts.🙄
Who cares.
People other than you. You are hardly the most important or best judge of sources in this group.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Deleted User 1461

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:57 am
jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:26 am He's likely in a red district and worried about reelection. I don't understand the cult of trump.
From what I read somewhere there are 31 house members in districts that Trump won. The dems don’t have a very big margin to pass if goes along party lines like it has so far. First completely partisan impeachment in history.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:00 am
What does that have to do with what I said?

jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's a stretch. Clinton's impeachment was voted on along party lines. Impeachment is likely always a partisan process.

*edit - while Clinton's was overall a largely party line vote, there were a few defections on both sides. I dont think we were quite as polarized back then, although I might be wrong on that. Considering the current political climate, it's not surprising it's so partisan, plus or minus a Justin Amash or Drew. I thought I read something yesterday about another GOP house member moving to independent over this but can't find it today...
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think he’s more worried about being primaried from the left, and decided to take his chances as a GOP candidate. This might not help his re-election chances as much as he hopes, since it’ll further motivate angry Dem voters in his district for his Democratic eventual opponent.

AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Attention whore. There were Republicans that switched sides because of Trump and resulting actions by that side that didn't request a special ceremony.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Locked Previous topicNext topic