'I'm not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here': Graham predicts Trump impeachment will 'die quickly' in Senate

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I will be honest. I did not for one second think that the Senate would vote to impeach the president. I'm legitimately sad that they aren't even pretending to be the deliberative body they historically were and are supposed to be. I should be shocked by what Graham and McConnell are saying, but they have proven to be such craven, cynical, pathetic cowards, it's not surprising in the least. I truly, truly dont understand carrying Trump's water like this.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/14/poli ... ssion=true

Also, stop F***ing saying this:
The American people didn't believe that. They made him their president."
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I mean, we all know he’s nothing but the President’s lapdog, but it’s good that he keeps hammering it home so he can’t eventually pretend it wasn’t the case when being a Trump bootlicker isn’t his best conduit to power and relevance.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:34 pm I will be honest. I did not for one second think that the Senate would vote to impeach the president. I'm legitimately sad that they aren't even pretending to be the deliberative body they historically were and are supposed to be. I should be shocked by what Graham and McConnell are saying, but they have proven to be such craven, cynical, pathetic cowards, it's not surprising in the least. I truly, truly dont understand carrying Trump's water like this.

I know. They keep saying "the American people" made him president. Trump has never had the majority of American people who have wanted him to be president. Never.

It's jury nullification and they are shameless enough to let everyone know from the very beginning what they are planning. Their base loves it, their voters love it. That's all that matters to them.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

why wouldn’t he, he’s perfectly brazen now in pretending that he didn’t spend the entire 2015/16 primary season talking about how trump was an incompetent nutcase and nominating him would spell the end of the republican party 🙃
Francee89 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:55 pm I mean, we all know he’s nothing but the President’s lapdog, but it’s good that he keeps hammering it home so he can’t eventually pretend it wasn’t the case when being a Trump bootlicker isn’t his best conduit to power and relevance.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:45 pm why wouldn’t he, he’s perfectly brazen now in pretending that he didn’t spend the entire 2015/16 primary season talking about how trump was an incompetent nutcase and nominating him would spell the end of the republican party 🙃
Francee89 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:55 pm I mean, we all know he’s nothing but the President’s lapdog, but it’s good that he keeps hammering it home so he can’t eventually pretend it wasn’t the case when being a Trump bootlicker isn’t his best conduit to power and relevance.
True, and in acting like his pearls weren’t near snapping from clutching in horror and that his knickers didn’t almost rip from twisting in his furious glee to impeach Clinton in the 90s.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:34 pm I will be honest. I did not for one second think that the Senate would vote to impeach the president. I'm legitimately sad that they aren't even pretending to be the deliberative body they historically were and are supposed to be. I should be shocked by what Graham and McConnell are saying, but they have proven to be such craven, cynical, pathetic cowards, it's not surprising in the least. I truly, truly dont understand carrying Trump's water like this.

You don't think they've deliberated all of this time? They've seen the testimony. They've had the opportunity to weigh everything amongst each other simultaneous to what Congress has been conducting. I think they've been pondering this whole time.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:28 pm

You don't think they've deliberated all of this time? They've seen the testimony. They've had the opportunity to weigh everything amongst each other simultaneous to what Congress has been conducting. I think they've been pondering this whole time.
That's not the way it works. When choosing juries they always ask what they already know about the case. They want jurors who haven't made up their minds already based on bits and pieces of information they may have heard. They want decisions based solely on what they hear in the trial. It's not the exact same but close enough. No one in the Senate has even had a chance to ask their own questions.

Can't have it both ways. Can't use legal terms like "hearsay", trying to use rules of civil procedure when it fits you, but ignore other aspects of rules when it suits you. Senator Graham.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:38 pm

That's not the way it works. When choosing juries they always ask what they already know about the case. They want jurors who haven't made up their minds already based on bits and pieces of information they may have heard. They want decisions based solely on what they hear in the trial. It's not the exact same but close enough. No one in the Senate has even had a chance to ask their own questions.

Can't have it both ways. Can't use legal terms like "hearsay", trying to use rules of civil procedure when it fits you, but ignore other aspects of rules when it suits you. Senator Graham.
I was reading something a couple of days ago that one of the senators suggested they may skip even calling witnesses. I don't know if that's accurate or not. It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:50 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:38 pm

I was reading something a couple of days ago that one of the senators suggested they may skip even calling witnesses. I don't know if that's accurate or not. It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks.
They have all made up their minds already. Since the Republicans have the majority he won't be removed from office. I could not believe how long the preliminary hearings were. They were broken records repeating themselves over and over.

There's no doubt what was behind Trump's phone call. He specifically had it arranged that the Ukrainian president was to go on CNN and publicly announce they were investigating Biden thereby ending Biden's chances. Just like the Email investigation announcement right before the elections hurt Clinton in 2016. Hard to prove though.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So all their complaints about fairness, due process, the president not being able to mount a defense, etc., were all BS. Now that they have the opportunity for all of those things, they're copping out. They complain that rules weren't followed then refuse to follow the rules. Not surprising, that's been the GOP MO since 2008. It's because they know he's guilty as hell and they can't defend him, so they're taking their ball and going home. Utter cowards.
Locked Previous topicNext topic