'I'm not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here': Graham predicts Trump impeachment will 'die quickly' in Senate

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Exactly! How soon people forget !!!
moviestar wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:45 pm why wouldn’t he, he’s perfectly brazen now in pretending that he didn’t spend the entire 2015/16 primary season talking about how trump was an incompetent nutcase and nominating him would spell the end of the republican party 🙃
Francee89 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:55 pm I mean, we all know he’s nothing but the President’s lapdog, but it’s good that he keeps hammering it home so he can’t eventually pretend it wasn’t the case when being a Trump bootlicker isn’t his best conduit to power and relevance.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Form of oath to be administered to the Members of the Senate and the Presiding Officer sitting in the trial of impeachments

``I solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of ------ ------, now pending, I will do impartial justice according
to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.''
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CDO ... sdoc33.htm

Hmmmm 🤔🤔
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role,”
Lindsey Graham in 1998

Graham about the Clinton impeachment:

“Members of the Senate have said, ‘I understand everything there is about this case, and I won’t vote to impeach the president.’ Please allow the facts to do the talking,” . “People have made up their mind in a political fashion that will hurt this country long term.”

HYPOCRITES !
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:46 pm
“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role,”
Lindsey Graham in 1998

Graham about the Clinton impeachment:

“Members of the Senate have said, ‘I understand everything there is about this case, and I won’t vote to impeach the president.’ Please allow the facts to do the talking,” . “People have made up their mind in a political fashion that will hurt this country long term.”

HYPOCRITES !
His shamelessness is really quite something.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would have to research but I wonder how many were in office when the Republicans impeached Clinton In the house but failed in the Senate. I truly find it ironic that they “forget” history when it’s not on their side...very distressing.

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:34 pm I will be honest. I did not for one second think that the Senate would vote to impeach the president. I'm legitimately sad that they aren't even pretending to be the deliberative body they historically were and are supposed to be. I should be shocked by what Graham and McConnell are saying, but they have proven to be such craven, cynical, pathetic cowards, it's not surprising in the least. I truly, truly dont understand carrying Trump's water like this.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/14/poli ... ssion=true

Also, stop F***ing saying this:
The American people didn't believe that. They made him their president."
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:23 am
I cannot stand that man. He is one of those who lead us to where we are today.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic