Cyberbullying crusader Melania Trump silent on her husband's mocking of 16-year-old Thunberg

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:46 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:36 pm Some of you are so delicate you can't even handle children speaking their minds without feeling "attacked" or "scolded".
And some like to use children for political agendas and are very sensitive when words from a child that are words of an adult are treated as words of an adult and criticized as such.
Who is using Greta? Who used David Hogg? Those Parkland kids organized everything themselves. Heaven forbid children care about the things that directly affect them. Its apparently easier to believe that there is some sort of nefarious puppet master, rather than believe kids have finally had it and are doing something. Their only agenda is "we'd prefer not to die". How awful.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:47 pm
Francee89 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:38 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:36 pm Some of you are so delicate you can't even handle children speaking their minds without feeling "attacked" or "scolded".
I think the right has a term for this? Something winter related?
It's right on the tip of my tongue... Perhaps coloring in a safe space would sooth their trauma over kids speaking angrily.
Maybe a nice, relaxing trip to the gun range so that their delicate psyches aren’t the only things being triggered?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:51 pm
And some like to use children for political agendas and are very sensitive when words from a child that are words of an adult are treated as words of an adult and criticized as such.
Who is using Greta? Who used David Hogg? Those Parkland kids organized everything themselves. Heaven forbid children care about the things that directly affect them. Its apparently easier to believe that there is some sort of nefarious puppet master, rather than believe kids have finally had it and are doing something. Their only agenda is "we'd prefer not to die". How awful.
All the media outlets that push those political agendas used David Hogg and are using Greta. Let them grow into adults. Let their minds develop then let them speak on adult subjects. I think the problem people have is with the double standards. The reason I say these kids are being used is because of those double standards. Certain people pushing these agendas want them delivered by children because children are suppose to be untouchable and you are not to criticize them. So you are bad for criticizing their approach, things they say, how they say it because they are a child. If it was an adult it wouldn’t be a problem to criticize them in that way. So use the kids to get the message across.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:54 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:47 pm
Francee89 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:38 pm

I think the right has a term for this? Something winter related?
It's right on the tip of my tongue... Perhaps coloring in a safe space would sooth their trauma over kids speaking angrily.
Maybe a nice, relaxing trip to the gun range so that their delicate psyches aren’t the only things being triggered?
I would applaud you but the noise might trigger you so I’ll use jazz hands. Lol
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:59 pm

All the media outlets that push those political agendas used David Hogg and are using Greta. Let them grow into adults. Let their minds develop then let them speak on adult subjects. I think the problem people have is with the double standards. The reason I say these kids are being used is because of those double standards. Certain people pushing these agendas want them delivered by children because children are suppose to be untouchable and you are not to criticize them. So you are bad for criticizing their approach, things they say, how they say it because they are a child. If it was an adult it wouldn’t be a problem to criticize them in that way. So use the kids to get the message across.
That ought to be the standard for everybody, tbh. It's fine to attack the message. The messenger should be off limits. Then we can stop being subjected to whether women (for example) are "too shrill" or "unlikable".

If you dont think climate change is legitimate or that gun control is possible, it's fine to say that and it's fine to engage on those merits to whomever is delivering the message. But people who dont like Greta or David don't seem to do that. They just complain about how the message is delivered. And I get it, these are hard topics that maybe these critics aren't qualified to take on with these young people who are dealing with the fallout. That's fine. Take a seat.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:35 pm

That ought to be the standard for everybody, tbh. It's fine to attack the message. The messenger should be off limits. Then we can stop being subjected to whether women (for example) are "too shrill" or "unlikable".

If you dont think climate change is legitimate or that gun control is possible, it's fine to say that and it's fine to engage on those merits to whomever is delivering the message. But people who dont like Greta or David don't seem to do that. They just complain about how the message is delivered. And I get it, these are hard topics that maybe these critics aren't qualified to take on with these young people who are dealing with the fallout. That's fine. Take a seat.
Ok, take all of what you said and direct that towards those who criticize and twist every single thing the president and his family does. After all, that should be the standard for everyone.
People criticize Trump all the time the same way Greta is getting criticism. Is it a personal attack on Trump to criticize his behavior? His tweets? His words? The way he delivers his words. He is quite cocky at times. Is that ok to say or is that a personal attack on Trump? Oh, but if it is that’s ok because it’s Trump. Right?
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Ok, take all of what you said and direct that towards those who criticize and twist every single thing the president and his family does. After all, that should be the standard for everyone.
People criticize Trump all the time the same way Greta is getting criticism. Is it a personal attack on Trump to criticize his behavior? His tweets? His words? The way he delivers his words. He is quite cocky at times. Is that ok to say or is that a personal attack on Trump? Oh, but if it is that’s ok because it’s Trump. Right?
Perhaps it's a double standard but I see a difference in people attempting to engage in substantive debate on important topics and the deflection on said topics to comments on appearance or demeanor than the president tossing out childish nicknames on Twitter. When he says something serious, I almost never see pushback on how he said it, but I do see fact checks and things like that. When he's calling out his frat boy nicknames, that gets all the consideration it deserves.

If David Hogg was onstage calling people stupid poopy-heads, then sure, mock that. But when he's literally begging for lives to be saved, and then people talk about his attitude, well then miss me with that shit.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:58 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Perhaps it's a double standard but I see a difference in people attempting to engage in substantive debate on important topics and the deflection on said topics to comments on appearance or demeanor than the president tossing out childish nicknames on Twitter. When he says something serious, I almost never see pushback on how he said it, but I do see fact checks and things like that. When he's calling out his frat boy nicknames, that gets all the consideration it deserves.

If David Hogg was onstage calling people stupid poopy-heads, then sure, mock that. But when he's literally begging for lives to be saved, and then people talk about his attitude, well then miss me with that shit.
David Hogg basically called his parents and people their age stupid. He mocked them. He was very disrespectful. He wasn’t admirable with a meaningful message. He wanted to yell at adults just like Greta does. And adults were to say nothing.
When Trump says something serious he does too get pushback. Everything is criticized. He can’t even freaking hand out Halloween candy without being criticized. Let’s get real here!
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:12 pm
He's an opportunistic asshole.