Squad members oppose Israeli-Palestinian 'two-state solution' resolution, aligning with GOP

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The U.S. House approved a Democrat-backed resolution Friday calling for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict -- but did so without support from the four far-left freshmen congresswomen known as "the Squad."

U.S. Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., a Squad member and the first Palestinian-American elected to Congress, equated the Mideast plan to the racial segregation previously carried out in the U.S. under the “separate but equal” legal doctrine before the civil rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s.

"This resolution not only endorses an unrealistic, unattainable solution, one that Israel has made impossible," Tlaib said, "but also one that legitimatizes inequality, ethnic discrimination, and inhumane conditions. Israel's nation-state law, which states that only Jews have the right to self-determination, has eliminated the political rights of the Palestinian people and effectively made them second-class citizens."

Squad member Ilhan Omar, a Minnesota congresswoman, also opposed the plan in Twitter messages posted Friday.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rashid ... -but-equal
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What exactly is the proposed resolution? Tlaib speaks from a position of extreme bias. While understandable that she’d have certain biases on the subject, it’s almost so blindingly strong. It’s becoming clear no compromise would be acceptable to her.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

I am sure they will be cabinet members for whoever the next democrat president is and all of the liberal Jews will be happy 🤷‍♀️

if they don't care, then why should I?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t know why this is surprising. They’ve always been open with their contempt for Israel and its relationship with the U.S.
They even tried to vilify and undermine Israel some months back with their scheme of being banned and then victimized themselves when Israel granted them a special permission.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

FYI: Israel supported apartheid in South Africa. So it should be no surprise if non-white folks don’t support Israel....
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:25 pm I don’t know why this is surprising. They’ve always been open with their contempt for Israel and its relationship with the U.S.
They even tried to vilify and undermine Israel some months back with their scheme of being banned and then victimized themselves when Israel granted them a special permission.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As usual, things are more complicated than that. Israel didn’t support Apartheid. It simply didn’t have much relations with South Africa at the time and didn’t get involved in the politics of the country. It wasn’t about racism. Israel supported the struggles of many smaller and poorer African nations, so your comment about race is uncalled for. And what do you know, many non whites support Israel. Probably because of a better understanding of the actual history. Colin Powell, for example.

Israel now also has good relationships with some countries that abstain to vote on its creation. Even with one who voted against Israel- India. Not to mention the good relationship it now has with Germany. Seriously, if all countries held political grudges like that, everyone in the world would be at war. So maybe try coming up with something better to justify hating Israel now to the point of wanting it gone that’s not it not getting itself involved in the social and political struggles of another country. Because by that “logic” I should hate all those countries that abstained when voting in the U.N for the creation of Israel. Which means I should hate the country that I live in. Instead I always defend it against the jerks that try to demean it because it’s over and done now.
hotspice58 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:33 pm FYI: Israel supported apartheid in South Africa. So it should be no surprise if non-white folks don’t support Israel....
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:25 pm I don’t know why this is surprising. They’ve always been open with their contempt for Israel and its relationship with the U.S.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 203

Unread post

That they oppose it comes as no surprise to me.

They've both been quite open, particularly Tlaib, about their opposition to pretty much ALL things Israeli.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd like to see the resolution.

At this point in time, the only option is a two state solution. But both sides have got to learn to get along and work together, imo.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic