Marine veteran turned congressional candidate calls Kaepernick a 'national disgrace

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A Marine veteran who served in Iraq and is running for Congress in California called out Colin Kaepernick on Monday for “pulling the racism and victim card.”

Jeremy Staat, who also played in 31 NFL games across four seasons, wrote to supporters in a recent fundraising email that Kaepernick is a "national disgrace and I'm tired of seeing him celebrated like he's a hero."

On Monday, Staat told “Fox & Friends that “[Kaepernick] knew what he was getting into when he decided to kneel and now he’s going to go ahead and capitalize" on his decision. He accused the former NFL quarterback of "essentially extorting the black community and using Nike as his little shiny horse, if you will, to ride in on."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/former-nf ... k-disgrace
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I’m not a veteran so I don’t speak on their behalf and I try to understand why some may find it offensive. I disagree with how Kap has handled things recently but it doesn’t read like he has done the same for Black people, our stance on this from past to present and why we supported our athletes kneeling.

I think that is fair.

Oh and Nike has always had a large Black consumer base so I don’t think Kap’s endorsement made that big of a difference that he thinks it did.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

He was protesting the fact that there is still racism and prejudice in our country.
It’s true.
Nobody should blame him or criticize him.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

He's an attention seeker. When he grew tired of sitting on the bench instead of being in the game he created another way to get attention; hence the socks. When he realized all the attention that was getting him he then began kneeling. He's a disgrace
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He does not care about playing football. For him it is about a platform and money. If he wanted to play he would have taken the offer he received from Montreal in the CFL, but he turned it down and cried fowl. Heck he should have taken the offer played his heart out then got back on a NFL team when he had proven himself. However he does have the right to speak his mind.
Locked Previous topicNext topic