Starbucks barista writes 'Pig' on police officer's cup

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/okla ... er-pig-cup

An Oklahoma Starbucks apologized on Thanksgiving after one of its baristas wrote "Pig" on the label for a police officer's order.

Kiefer Police Chief Johnny O'Mara shared a photo of the insulting cup handed to one of his officers, who purchased the beverages on Thursday morning in Tulsa as a kind gesture for the dispatchers on duty.
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wow. That was unnecessarily hateful.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I guess that Starbucks employee doesn't want his job anymore.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I watched this protest on YouTube recently. A bunch of little leftist commies were chanting "f**k the police" and then Infowars show up and started filming them. So of course, now they're triggered snowflake little leftist commies. So what do they do? Naturally, they call the police.
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wow, that was so uncalled for. I hope that barista ends up being fired.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am amazed that someone who has reached the age of being able to work with the public has yet to learn common decency and respect for others. The barista does not have to personally like the police, or any person who walks in the doors, but the barista should be mature enough to simply take the order and be courteous while doing so.

Now I'm beginning to wonder how they interview for being a barista in a Starbucks. What kinds of questions are asked, and what answers are being looked for?
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

They've apparently suspended this employee but honestly, I think that something like THIS mandates more than that (termination).
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 pm They've apparently suspended this employee but honestly, I think that something like THIS mandates more than that (termination).
perhaps starbucks should close all of their stores for "sensitivity training" and make a public proclamation that all police are welcome.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:12 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 pm They've apparently suspended this employee but honestly, I think that something like THIS mandates more than that (termination).
perhaps starbucks should close all of their stores for "sensitivity training" and make a public proclamation that all police are welcome.
That's a great thought.
KAG
Mean Girl
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:12 pm
Agree
Locked Previous topicNext topic