Thanksgiving conversations

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Last year we heard a lot about President Trump being the topic of conversation at the Thanksgiving dinner table.

How about this year?

Was your family as divided as the country?
Did your family members who voted for the President in 2016 have opinions on the Mueller report, on the Impeachment Inquiry?
Anyone who didn’t support POTUS but now do? What reasons did they give?

Us?
We have an ‘empty nest’ so my husband and I were alone on Thursday. We will host my adopted son and his boyfriend tomorrow, but we are all conservative and voted for President Trump in 2016. I’ll report back in tomorrow if there are any discussions though.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We have a more empty nest than not, just the boy at home yet. He mostly just sleeps here anymore, lol. So, there wasn't much going on at my house. We relaxed and really enjoyed it! All my kids voted for and support POTUS, so there really isn't ever a political disagreement among us, the girls, and their husbands. And from what the boy has said, he is a very strong conservative with very socially conservative values, making it a bit difficult for him to find a girl. He knows what he wants, and it's a pretty rare thing!
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Our gathering included a variety of political affiliations, and some in-laws who are citizens of other countries. But we have plenty to talk about other than politics and keep everything appropriate for all ages (2 years – 72 years at the table)

You can discuss events and issues without it being an argument.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Most of my DH’s family are conservative as is my DH. I was the only liberal at his family gathering. There was no discussion of politics or Trump, though.

At my family gathering, it’s more varied just because there were more people. I’m not really sure of all their political affiliations either, and honestly not sure if they even vote. My younger sister is more liberal like I am, so we have similar beliefs. I refuse to engage with my brother on politics, because he’s a know it all. With all that being said, we didn’t discuss politics.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We had a great time laughing over how much of a troll he is to the media.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 276

Unread post

We gathered with about 40 friends and family members. No talk of Trump but quite a bit about Biden,Warren, and Sanders. Sometimes it got a little heated but in a family friendly kind of way.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There was a lot of talk about how peaceful and fun and uplifting Trump rallies are compared to all the hate and violence right outside the doors from the unhinged left.
KAG
Mean Girl
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

My family is normally too busy drinking, listening to blues and talking shit to be bothered with politics on a holiday. 😂😂😂

I always hear stories about how heated it can be with some families but neither side of my families have drastically different views to fight about TBH.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We're not divided. We've determined Trump's immigration policy is awful, we're all sick of the impeachment and everyone in congress, climate change is real, and everyone should have the right to love who they want. Took us all of an hour. We've better things to discuss- like the food for Christmas and what everyone is bringing.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We all think he’s got to go for many reasons so don’t bother to discuss him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic