Melania Trump unveils the 2019 White House Christmas decorations

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The halls have officially been decked in the White House just in time for the holidays.

First lady Melania Trump unveiled the first photos of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue decorated for Christmas in a theme she designed and dubbed "The Spirit of America."
https://www.today.com/home/melania-trum ... ns-t168969
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Very pretty.
A lot of haters ripped apart her decoration choices the last couple years. It was nasty.
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s so much nicer than the infamous red trees she used last year, which looked so creepy. This looks classy and elegant.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Looks beautiful! I like this better than last year and the silver trees the year before is still my favorite look she has done so far.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m not sure I’m digging the all white in the East Colonnade, but do think the stars hanging probably are pretty neat if your walking through. Melania seems to lean more towards modern than traditional which is fine, it’s just not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. Maybe it’s just me but I’m seeing more of a mix this year between modern and traditional which isn’t aesthetically unappealing. I like some of the more whimsical touches, like the drum base and the game themed tree.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:13 pm I’m not sure I’m digging the all white in the East Colonnade, but do think the stars hanging probably are pretty neat if your walking through. Melania seems to lean more towards modern than traditional which is fine, it’s just not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. Maybe it’s just me but I’m seeing more of a mix this year between modern and traditional which isn’t aesthetically unappealing. I like some of the more whimsical touches, like the drum base and the game themed tree.
I was thinking about this looking at my friend's all-silver-and-red-themed tree over the weekend. It's a beautiful tree, but that style just doesn't fit us. Our tree is full of random decorations made by the kids, some from mine and my husband's childhood that our mothers gave us, some left from my grandmother, and other special meaningful-only-to-us ornaments we acquired over the years. It is lopsided, cluttered, and there's no color theme, but it's us. :)
KAG
Mean Girl
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Will there be a TV special this year?
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:00 pm Will there be a TV special this year?
What does that mean?
KAG
Mean Girl
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:42 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:13 pm I’m not sure I’m digging the all white in the East Colonnade, but do think the stars hanging probably are pretty neat if your walking through. Melania seems to lean more towards modern than traditional which is fine, it’s just not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. Maybe it’s just me but I’m seeing more of a mix this year between modern and traditional which isn’t aesthetically unappealing. I like some of the more whimsical touches, like the drum base and the game themed tree.
I was thinking about this looking at my friend's all-silver-and-red-themed tree over the weekend. It's a beautiful tree, but that style just doesn't fit us. Our tree is full of random decorations made by the kids, some from mine and my husband's childhood that our mothers gave us, some left from my grandmother, and other special meaningful-only-to-us ornaments we acquired over the years. It is lopsided, cluttered, and there's no color theme, but it's us. :)
Lol, sounds like our Christmas tree. Now I’m kind of wondering if maybe in a much more private space they have a tree with sentimental decor or if it’s also themed?
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:56 pm
morgan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:42 pm
Lol, sounds like our Christmas tree. Now I’m kind of wondering if maybe in a much more private space they have a tree with sentimental decor or if it’s also themed?
I would like to imagine, with a kiddo still in the family, they would have a family tree in the presidential suite.
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic