Impeachment Hearing Mega Thread

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m going to sticky this topic so that we can have one big thread about the impeachment hearing. You can discuss the events while they are happening during, before, and after the hearing and, if you want, link to any relevant news articles. Remember to play nice and follow the rules and try to keep this about the impeachment hearing only. I thought it would be a cool way to document it on the site since it’s a pretty major political event 😊

Also, if you want to source anything from twitter, please just copy and paste the twitter link instead of posting a screenshot. This will cut down on questions of whether it’s a legit tweet like what has happened on here in the past.
🤓The Admin 🤓
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is a good idea! Thanks Skip!
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I got to see almost all of today's hearing (Day 1) and was impressed by witnesses' clear explanation of events and their political import. Both Bill Taylor, acting Ambassador in Ukraine, and State Department official George Kent had experience under many administrations and could put the events into context.

These men have decades-long careers in the military and government service. They have nothing to gain by speaking out and seem sincere in their concern over this departure from normal diplomatic process.

If the American people are watching the actual hearings rather than just soundbites filtered through pundits, they will learn why the Ukraine situation is so vital to our security.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hi Skip,
Do you want me to delete the thread I made at 8:30 this morning?
KAG
Mean Girl
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sorry, I didn’t see it. Deleting it is up to you 😊
morgan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:27 pm Hi Skip,
Do you want me to delete the thread I made at 8:30 this morning?
🤓The Admin 🤓
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LOLOLOLOLOL-

- Speaker Pelosi: "If the president has something that is exculpatory — Mr. President, that means do you have anything that shows your innocence — then he should make that known ... So far, we haven't seen that, but we welcome it."
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:55 pm LOLOLOLOLOL-

- Speaker Pelosi: "If the president has something that is exculpatory — Mr. President, that means do you have anything that shows your innocence — then he should make that known ... So far, we haven't seen that, but we welcome it."
Isn't the burden of proof on the accuser still? I don't know how he'd show innocence other than release the transcript, which was done before this all started.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:01 am
ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:55 pm LOLOLOLOLOL-

Isn't the burden of proof on the accuser still? I don't know how he'd show innocence other than release the transcript, which was done before this all started.
Speaker Pelosi made the statement during a news conference, not during the hearing. So it is more of a challenge to the President than a legal argument.

As to the phone call, what was released was an edited memorandum - not an official transcript or complete record. It would be in the best interest of the country to release the complete call. I do hear other friendly phone calls will be released, but this is the call in question.

We already have testimony under oath by Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman that parts of the call were deleted in the memo and replaced by elipses and that his notes taken during the call show specific references to requests for taking action against Biden and Burisma.

You can read Vindman's testimony here:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexander- ... 019-11-08/
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I keep reading your thread title as MAGA Thread. :P
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic