Trump lied when he said the Kurds were "being taken care of"

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

These are the people in charge of what happens to the Kurds and the ISIS fighters captured by the US, the Kurds and its allies.

And Trump lied about bringing troops home. No one has come home. They have been moved around the Middle East, that's all.

https://www.rt.com/news/471529-putin-er ... ifications
"Russia, Iran, Syria, and to maybe a slightly lesser extent, Turkey, they all hate ISIS as much as we do. And it's their part of the world. We're 7,000 miles away. I campaigned on bringing our soldiers back home, and that's what I'm doing."
Lies. Not true. No troops are coming home. The ones that were in Syria are being moved to Iraq. And more troops are moving in to the area to protect Saudia Arabia.
But, you know, we're in many countries, many, many countries. I--I'm embarrassed to tell you how many. I know the exact number, but I'm embarrassed to say it because it's so foolish. We're in countries--we're protecting countries that don't even like us. They take advantage of us. They don't pay; nothing.
So what has Trump done about this embarrassment in three years? Has sent even more troops over seas. There are more than 200,000 troops currently over seas.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/21/worl ... ments.html

Hopefully people are looking at facts, not what comes out of Trump's mouth.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They are being "taken care of" by Putin's troops. Such a disgrace - we have lost all credibility with allies and our word as a nation means nothing.
Russia, Turkey agree to jointly remove Kurdish fighters along Turkey’s border in northern Syria
Russia agreed on Tuesday to help remove Syrian Kurdish fighters from a large swath of Turkey’s southern border, giving its blessing to a Turkish military operation against a Kurdish-led force that had allied with the United States.

The agreement, reached after an hours-long meeting between Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin in the Black Sea resort town of Sochi, addressed several of Turkey’s core security demands, including the establishment of a “safe zone” that would push the Kurdish-led force back from its frontier.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mi ... story.html
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

All we need now is DT posing under a "Mission Accomplished" banner.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"RT has been frequently described as a propaganda outlet for the Russian government[12] and its foreign policy.[13][14][15][16][17][18] RT has also been accused of spreading disinformation[18][19][20] by news reporters,[21][22] including some former RT reporters.[23][24][25] The United Kingdom media regulator, Ofcom, has repeatedly found RT to have breached its rules on impartiality and on one occasion found it had broadcast "materially misleading" content.[26][27][28][29] RT's editor-in-chief compared it with the Russian Army and Defence Ministry, and talked about it "waging the information war against the entire Western world."[30] In September 2017, RT America was ordered to register as a "foreign agent" with the United States Department of Justice under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Under the act, RT will be required to disclose financial information.[31]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

I'm distrustful of RT.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:20 pm "RT has been frequently described as a propaganda outlet for the Russian government[12] and its foreign policy.[13][14][15][16][17][18] RT has also been accused of spreading disinformation[18][19][20] by news reporters,[21][22] including some former RT reporters.[23][24][25] The United Kingdom media regulator, Ofcom, has repeatedly found RT to have breached its rules on impartiality and on one occasion found it had broadcast "materially misleading" content.[26][27][28][29] RT's editor-in-chief compared it with the Russian Army and Defence Ministry, and talked about it "waging the information war against the entire Western world."[30] In September 2017, RT America was ordered to register as a "foreign agent" with the United States Department of Justice under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Under the act, RT will be required to disclose financial information.[31]"

I'm distrustful of RT.
True. But I don't see anything here that isn't true. It's been reported everywhere else too.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:20 pm "RT has been frequently described as a propaganda outlet for the Russian government[12] and its foreign policy.[13][14][15][16][17][18] RT has also been accused of spreading disinformation[18][19][20] by news reporters,[21][22] including some former RT reporters.[23][24][25] The United Kingdom media regulator, Ofcom, has repeatedly found RT to have breached its rules on impartiality and on one occasion found it had broadcast "materially misleading" content.[26][27][28][29] RT's editor-in-chief compared it with the Russian Army and Defence Ministry, and talked about it "waging the information war against the entire Western world."[30] In September 2017, RT America was ordered to register as a "foreign agent" with the United States Department of Justice under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Under the act, RT will be required to disclose financial information.[31]"

I'm distrustful of RT.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/22/worl ... &smtyp=cur

"And on Tuesday, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia played host to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey for more than six hours of talks on how they and other regional players will divide control of Syria, devastated by eight years of civil war.

The negotiations cemented Mr. Putin’s strategic advantage: Russian and Turkish troops will take joint control over a vast swath of formerly Kurdish-held territory in northern Syria. The change strengthens the rapid expansion of Russian influence in Syria at the expense of the United States and its Kurdish former allies."
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That picture with Putin, the Russian on the right who Trump bragged to in the White House that he just fired the head of FBI, the Turkish dictator. These are the people in charge of what happens to the Kurds and captured ISIS war criminals.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Good news seems to be happening with respect to Turkey, Syria and the Middle East. Further reports to come later!
6:18 PM · Oct 22, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
Deleted User 276

Unread post

I also want to say that we are emotionally destroying our troops that served along side the Kurds. I'm not talking about the shame of being pelted with rotten tomatoes when they were leaving. I'm talking about the shame of abandoning their brothers and sisters in arms.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Locked Previous topicNext topic