Trump says he’s canceling G7 summit at his resort, blames Democrats, media

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

HanSolo wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:53 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:23 am I wonder how many times he will angry tweet about it, lol.
He is the president of the United States. Grow up.

That doesn't make him God. Presidents are going to be called out on their bad behavior. That's the way it's supposed to be in a democracy.

We wouldn't exist as a nation if men like Washington had said "George III's the king. Grow up". The Founding Fathers would NOT approve of Trump's behavior. They'd expect the public to criticize him.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:23 am I wonder how many times he will angry tweet about it, lol.
The answer so far is 'three' 😂
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:55 am
LMAO, he's triggered!

I think with the financial situation Doral is in, he would do it at "cost", all while looking down the road at the advertising available if it had been held there.

"Doral! Where the UNITED STATES hosted the best and most productive G-7 Summit EVER!"
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What? Have you seen the gross level of disrespect this man shows everyone who doesn’t suck up to him? He’s disgusting, that’s what’s disgusting. You earn respect and he has earned nothing but contempt.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:18 am
californiagirl83 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:55 am
LMAO, he's triggered!

I think with the financial situation Doral is in, he would do it at "cost", all while looking down the road at the advertising available if it had been held there.

"Doral! Where the UNITED STATES hosted the best and most productive G-7 Summit EVER!"
I know I want to be in Miami in the summer with it’s 100% humidity and hurricanes. No. I went there in August me year and it was miserable. Plus we were evacuated for a hurricane. Had to drive all the way to Atlanta to get a flight home.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Im not feeling this blaming tone towards the Democrats on this when this was Trump’s shady decision and it shouldn’t be enabled.

There was no good damn excuse for this.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:16 pm
What? Have you seen the gross level of disrespect this man shows everyone who doesn’t suck up to him? He’s disgusting, that’s what’s disgusting. You earn respect and he has earned nothing but contempt.

He certainly has no respect for the Constitution. The things he was caught on tape saying about women make me wonder why any woman would consider voting for him.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would be appalled that he actually doesn’t understand what the backlash is about and so blames the democrats and the media for it. But I’m above being surprised by his lowness anymore. Seriously? It’s gross corruption and it’s no one’s fault but his own.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What if he doesn’t make a profit and he donates everything?
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:42 am "The U.S. Constitution’s emoluments clause prohibits government officials from receiving salaries, fees or profits from foreign and domestic governments without congressional approval."

"White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney on Thursday told reporters that Trump will not profit from use of the property because any charges would be “at cost.” He also said using Doral "was millions of dollars cheaper" than other facilities and would lead to a “roughly 50% savings.”

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/met ... eb620.html

Why didn't he submit the plans and cost in a contract of sorts to congress?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He would be receiving millions of dollars worth of advertising. There's no way around the fact that he would profit. And I doubt he's willing to give everyone free room service, free spa treatments, free alcohol, etc.

Plus who wants to be in Miami in August? It's the most unpleasant time of the year. It's definitely not the best place for the G7 meeting.
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:06 pm What if he doesn’t make a profit and he donates everything?
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:42 am "The U.S. Constitution’s emoluments clause prohibits government officials from receiving salaries, fees or profits from foreign and domestic governments without congressional approval."

"White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney on Thursday told reporters that Trump will not profit from use of the property because any charges would be “at cost.” He also said using Doral "was millions of dollars cheaper" than other facilities and would lead to a “roughly 50% savings.”

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/met ... eb620.html

Why didn't he submit the plans and cost in a contract of sorts to congress?
Locked Previous topicNext topic