Unreal! About half of millennials and 75 percent of Gen Zers have quit their jobs for mental health reasons!!!

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:52 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:52 am
Pjmm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:44 am I don't know my generation's label. (I was born in 1966) but I've had jobs that made me so anxious I vomited before I went to them. As long as they seek other employment who cares if they leave a job?
Gen X

We're the ones who raised the millennials and/or Gen Y, lol.

I had a supervisor who was a micromanaging, in your face, nightmare, but I liked the job and stuck it out until I stood up for myself to her one afternoon. I was terminated the next day, hahaha.
Mmm, not so much. I suspect more of Gen X is raising Gen Z, not the millenials. If you look at the years:
Gen X = 1965 - 1979 (ending year can range from '76-'80 depending on source)
Millenials/Gen Y = 1980 - 1995/96
Gen Z = 1997 - TBD
So the very oldest among Gen Xers could be raising Gen Y, or the rest of Gen X could be raising Gen Y if they had babies really young. But think about it, the middle of Gen X would be born 1972. Add a typically average childbearing age of 25 and you have kids born in 1997. That is just outside the range of Millenials and into Gen Z. And I think Gen X is the first generation to really start having kids later in life in droves.
My personal example - Between DH, myself, his two brothers and their two wives we are all Gen X born between 1968 and 1975. Between us three couples there are 7 kids, the oldest of which was born 1999, ie. Gen Z. We are all Gen Xers raising Gen Zers.

And just to share with the class here is an interesting article I found about how Gen X is raising Gen Z and what kind of affect it is having on them.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... illennials
That WAS interesting! Although there were a few parts where I was like, wtf? Especially the part about gen X'ers being so wary of drugs and S*x, due to AIDS and Nancy Reagan!! No. That did not happen like that, not at all! At least, not in my area(s).
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic