Unreal! About half of millennials and 75 percent of Gen Zers have quit their jobs for mental health reasons!!!

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

I just checked and I'm the child of the Silent Generation. I'm a boomer married to a Gen X, and we have two Gen Z's. All four of us in our family have left jobs due to mental health.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:31 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:52 am
Pjmm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:44 am I don't know my generation's label. (I was born in 1966) but I've had jobs that made me so anxious I vomited before I went to them. As long as they seek other employment who cares if they leave a job?
Gen X

We're the ones who raised the millennials and/or Gen Y, lol.

I had a supervisor who was a micromanaging, in your face, nightmare, but I liked the job and stuck it out until I stood up for myself to her one afternoon. I was terminated the next day, hahaha.
I was terminated once for complaining about harassment before it became what it is now. Best thing that could have happened given that place was very toxic. I believe I'm raising Gen Z My youngest is 16.
When it came to harassment, I'd walk out at the first sign when I was in my late teens through my early 20's. Some males were absolutely gross. No, I don't need you as my sugar daddy. Eww!

Oops, I meant Gen Z. My youngest is 17 (my oldest is 32).
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Shocking. NOT
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:58 pm Quit *a* job over mental health reasons...

If a job is too stressful, dangerous or has a verbally abusive boss - and doesn’t pay you enough for it... you should quit and find a better job.
The way you put it is a bit alarming. How many jobs out there have abusive bosses that would cause half millennials to quit their jobs?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:58 pm Quit *a* job over mental health reasons...

If a job is too stressful, dangerous or has a verbally abusive boss - and doesn’t pay you enough for it... you should quit and find a better job.
The way you put it is a bit alarming. How many jobs out there have abusive bosses that would cause half millennials to quit their jobs?
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:20 pm

The wording of the title makes it sound alarming... it’s not as if there are that many people all leaving their jobs at once, it’s throughout their lives so far- they have left a job for being too stressful, or too dangerous, or had an abusive boss.

And as respondents from many different generations are saying... many of them have quit a job for the same reasons.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

This makes total sense to me. All four of my immediate family has changed jobs due to mental stress which has concerned my parents (silent generation). Their generation picked a career and/or job that they committed to for the duration. We are fortunate that we have been able to change jobs when the stress or working environment becomes untenable.
YoYiggy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I don't see why this is shocking or unreal.
It seems pretty common sense to me to leave a job if its negatively affecting your mental health. But, then again, I am a Millennial. 🤷🏽‍♀️😉
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Isn't that just working? LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:01 pm This makes total sense to me. All four of my immediate family has changed jobs due to mental stress which has concerned my parents (silent generation). Their generation picked a career and/or job that they committed to for the duration. We are fortunate that we have been able to change jobs when the stress or working environment becomes untenable.
My sister and I were just discussing this the other day. When I was starting my career in the late 80s, I used to work somewhere, improve my skills set, then move on to something better. I had a hard time and was referred to as a "job hopper" on more than one occasion. Staying somewhere for a year was seen as a big negative. They were expecting you to stay for 5 years. Right before I left W2 land several years ago, it was like they looked at you as if there was something wrong with you if you stayed anywhere for much longer than a year. As if you were some kind of slacker! LOL

Longevity and loyalty is definitely not prized any longer. Quite a dramatic change. I'm very grateful I'm out of that nonsense.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic