Unreal! About half of millennials and 75 percent of Gen Zers have quit their jobs for mental health reasons!!!

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

About half of millennials and 75 percent of Gen Zers have quit their jobs for mental health reasons, according to a new study conducted by Mind Shares Partners, SAP and Quatrics. It was published in Harvard Business Review.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/y ... g-jobs-why
KAG
Mean Girl
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quit *a* job over mental health reasons...

If a job is too stressful, dangerous or has a verbally abusive boss - and doesn’t pay you enough for it... you should quit and find a better job.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

About half of millennials and 75 percent of Gen Zers have quit their jobs for mental health reasons, according to a new study conducted by Mind Shares Partners, SAP and Quatrics. It was published in Harvard Business Review.
KAG
Mean Girl
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Per the link- who said they’ve voluntarily left a job in order to prioritize their mental health...
Fourmonkeys
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:58 pm Quit *a* job over mental health reasons...

If a job is too stressful, dangerous or has a verbally abusive boss - and doesn’t pay you enough for it... you should quit and find a better job.
Yeah. My husband's a Millennial. But he worked at one place where he said it was toxic and a hostile work environment. The people made racist, sexist, and homophobic jokes all the time. There were pedophile and dead baby jokes, and there was a general pressure to be a culture fit and laugh/go along with it.

He quit for his own mental health. And it turned out to be a great thing.
sockpuppet
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

morgan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:50 pm
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/y ... g-jobs-why
Considering the numbers
"43.8 million people
In the United States, almost half of adults (46.4 percent) will experience a mental illness during their lifetime. 5 percent of adults (18 or older) experience a mental illness in any one year, equivalent to 43.8 million people.Feb 6, 2019"
5 Surprising Mental Health Statistics - Mental Health First Aid
https://www.mentalhealthfirstaid.org › 2019/02 › 5-surprising-mental-health-.

Kudos to them for taking care of themselves. And if industries care about retaining their workers, skilled ones at that, they will work to strive for a better industry standard.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I quit a job for my mental health. I got every second weekend off and I worked 12 hour days all week and they were still calling me in between shifts and on my weekend off. I had almost no time for anything, even my family. It got to the point where I would turn my personal phone off and not turn it on unless I was at work. It was the right thing to do.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am not at all surprised by this.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Fourmonkeys wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:14 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:58 pm Quit *a* job over mental health reasons...

Yeah. My husband's a Millennial. But he worked at one place where he said it was toxic and a hostile work environment. The people made racist, sexist, and homophobic jokes all the time. There were pedophile and dead baby jokes, and there was a general pressure to be a culture fit and laugh/go along with it.

He quit for his own mental health. And it turned out to be a great thing.
I am a Gen Xer and quit a job for similar reasons. It was terrible! I told my husband I would gladly go back to my teenage years job at KFC before I would walk back into the airport and work for this company again. A manager even told me at one point that I had not "earned the right" to speak to my co-workers and to not even say "Hi" because they didn't have to associate with new hires.
The training portion was at headquarters in a different state and it was amazing! The location I worked at was pure hell for the two months I was there.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Is it unreal? Boomers and traditionalists were way more likely to have loyalty to a company (likely because companies were historically more loyal to their employees), while millennials and Gen Zers are more likely to value work/life balance and often don’t take jobs anticipating they’ll spend years or an entire career there.

Like, John Smith might have toughed out an entry level role in a terrible work environment at Company XYZ sixty years ago anticipating he’d spend a career making a middle class salary there. If a millennial or Gen Zer can find a comparable entry level role at a comparable company with a better work environment when they didn’t anticipate on working at either forever anyway, they’re more likely to move than Boomers or Traditionalists were. It’s a generational difference but not necessarily a bad thing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic