Air Force to review all layover stops

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

29again wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:24 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:52 pm
29again wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:18 pm

Why in the world do you waste my and everyone else's time by repeating the link? I did read it after your answer, and I double down on MY answer. NOTHING you post will change my opinion that this the stupidest thing I've read today.
Okie dokie
IF it makes you feel better..,then
Pretend it’s no big deal.
I’m just posting one of many articles that discuss this issue.
Ignoring it and attacking ME won’t help.
I’m sorry it’s so hard for you.
LMAO!! It isn't hard at all! I think it is YOU finding the idea of our military staying at a Trump resort hard to take. Otherwise, why the outrage? The men had to stay somewhere!!
I don’t care where they stay.
The LAW does though.
If you’re upset, talk to them.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:45 pm
29again wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:24 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:52 pm
Okie dokie
IF it makes you feel better..,then
Pretend it’s no big deal.
I’m just posting one of many articles that discuss this issue.
Ignoring it and attacking ME won’t help.
I’m sorry it’s so hard for you.
LMAO!! It isn't hard at all! I think it is YOU finding the idea of our military staying at a Trump resort hard to take. Otherwise, why the outrage? The men had to stay somewhere!!
I don’t care where they stay.
The LAW does though.
If you’re upset, talk to them.
Oh, ok, I get it... ;)
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"While initial reviews indicate that aircrew transiting through Scotland adhered to all guidance and procedures, we understand that U.S. Service members lodging at higher-end accommodations, even if within government rates, might be allowable but not advisable," the Air Force said in its statement Sunday evening. "Even when USAF aircrews follow all directives and guidance, we must still be considerate of perceptions of not being good stewards of taxpayer funds that might be created through the appearance of aircrews staying at such locations."

That's my concern.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

People are just finding things to complain about. OMG, if this is the worst thing that has happened then I think we are doing just fine.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:57 am "While initial reviews indicate that aircrew transiting through Scotland adhered to all guidance and procedures, we understand that U.S. Service members lodging at higher-end accommodations, even if within government rates, might be allowable but not advisable," the Air Force said in its statement Sunday evening. "Even when USAF aircrews follow all directives and guidance, we must still be considerate of perceptions of not being good stewards of taxpayer funds that might be created through the appearance of aircrews staying at such locations."

That's my concern.
Did you read further?
"As our aircrews serve on these international airlift missions, they follow strict guidelines on contracting for hotel accommodations and all expenditures of taxpayer dollars. In this case, they made reservations through the Defense Travel System and used the closest available and least expensive accommodations to the airfield within the crews' allowable hotel rates," Air Force Brig. Gen. Ed Thomas said in a statement. "While we are still reviewing the trip records, we have found nothing that falls outside the guidelines associated with selecting stopover airports on travel routes and hotel accommodations for crew rest."
snip
In the case of the March 13 flight, seven active duty and National Guard crew members stayed at Turnberry. The Air Force said the Turnberry resort was less expensive than a nearby Marriott and that both were under the per diem rate of $166.
Would it make a better stewardship to spend more money just to avoid Trump's resort?
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:04 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:57 am "While initial reviews indicate that aircrew transiting through Scotland adhered to all guidance and procedures, we understand that U.S. Service members lodging at higher-end accommodations, even if within government rates, might be allowable but not advisable," the Air Force said in its statement Sunday evening. "Even when USAF aircrews follow all directives and guidance, we must still be considerate of perceptions of not being good stewards of taxpayer funds that might be created through the appearance of aircrews staying at such locations."

That's my concern.
Did you read further?
"As our aircrews serve on these international airlift missions, they follow strict guidelines on contracting for hotel accommodations and all expenditures of taxpayer dollars. In this case, they made reservations through the Defense Travel System and used the closest available and least expensive accommodations to the airfield within the crews' allowable hotel rates," Air Force Brig. Gen. Ed Thomas said in a statement. "While we are still reviewing the trip records, we have found nothing that falls outside the guidelines associated with selecting stopover airports on travel routes and hotel accommodations for crew rest."
snip
In the case of the March 13 flight, seven active duty and National Guard crew members stayed at Turnberry. The Air Force said the Turnberry resort was less expensive than a nearby Marriott and that both were under the per diem rate of $166.
Would it make a better stewardship to spend more money just to avoid Trump's resort?
Why that much per room at all? I'm sure there are nice accommodations for less, don't you think?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:12 am
29again wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:04 am

That's my concern.
Did you read further?
snip
Why that much per room at all? I'm sure there are nice accommodations for less, don't you think?
I would certainly think so! Is it possible that knowing this is the USAF, some hotels might raise their rates? IDK, but that is more than I would for one night, anywhere.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic