60 percent of Americans say Trump does not deserve reelection

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nothing can be worse than Trump 🤷‍♀️
MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:37 pm Oh well. Dems certainly aren't offering a better option, at the moment.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:34 pm And people doing that is what will get Trump re-elected.
MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 pm I don't see Trump getting re-elected. Of course, I didn't think he'd win round 1, even though I voted for him. If the Democrats had someone strong enough to unite the country, I would vote for that person. Haven't seen that. I plan to either vote 3rd party or write in Donald Duck. Right now those are better choices than what I'm currently seeing, unless someone dynamic finally steps up.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:32 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:59 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:56 pm

I’m sure you’d have no problem saying that Trump should have won if he won the popular vote but not the EC. 🙄
I said that the popular vote should be the only way to elect the president. Eliminate the archaic Electoral College.
Got it?
I don’t believe for a minute that you would be saying that Trump should have won if he just won the popular vote. And the popular vote isn’t how we elect because we’re not a democracy. California and New York should get to pick the president every election. I’m sure peoples thoughts on the popular vote would change is California and New York were red states.
Americans can live in any state they want and most do. Why should empty states get a boost because no one chooses to live there? One person, one vote.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:10 am As I said, you’re confusing apples and oranges. America is actually a democratic republic. “Constitutional” and “Republic” are terms with which a system of government is described. “Democracy” is a way of choosing that government. Like the UK is a “parliamentary monarchy”, but it’s still a democracy. Because while parliament governs the country and the monarch has a representative role, that parliament is democratically elected.

So being a Republic doesn’t make any less a democracy. In fact, America’s glorifies itself as THE example of democracy. Abraham Lincoln said it himself a “government of the people, by the people, for the people”. That’s the definition of democracy. The EC kills all that.
Carpy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:04 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:33 am You confuse system of government with ways of choosing that government. That’s what people who say “we’re not a democracy, we’re a republic!” do. It’s 2 separate things. That’s as if I say “I’m not white! I’m Jewish!” Well, I’m actually both. One thing is my race, the other is my religion. So in a democratic republic the people choose the leaders. Those leaders work on the legislations. It’s not a free for all.

Now, by your example... imagine if those whose vote is more valuable choose that Muslims can’t worship in a mosque. And in terms of numbers, that’s the minority of the people. But tough, because they have more of a saying so even if the majority disagrees with that, it’s what it is. So someone getting screwed can happen either way, that’s not a good argument for the EC. A true democracy is what the majority wants. When you give certain people, for whatever reason, more of a vote than others, then that’s not democracy. So no offense to Jefferson, but with the EC 49% of the people may take away the right of the other 51%. So while both can result in some people not getting what they want, which one is really more fair? The one that will mean the majority chooses and the minority has to live with that choice or the one that can result in the minority choosing and the majority having to live with that choice?

No confusion on my part. That is why we are governed by a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy. Do you want California and NYC making the the rules for all 50 states? We have 50 states who elect the president for a reason.
I am not confusing anything. Democracy is essential mob rule. We are a Constitutional Republic, we differ from democracy in that the people we elect are bound to laws of a formal constitutional document. A democracy is not.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I still stand by the belief that out of the Democrats, Biden is not only going to win the Primary, he'll be a tough contender for President Trump to beat.

But, I do still also believe and rather strongly that love him or despise him, Trump has a fighting chance and if for nothing more than (outside of some of the good things he HAS done), many Americans like to see an elected POTUS finish the two terms to hopefully fulfill their goals and/or clean out their lockers (so to speak) fully.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Yeah. I've reached my breaking point with him. I don't remember what he said/did that made me think I can't any more, but I can't listen to him any more. He's has a rally here later this month that I am skipping.
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:39 pm Anyone is better than tRump!
MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:37 pm Oh well. Dems certainly aren't offering a better option, at the moment.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:34 pm And people doing that is what will get Trump re-elected.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But then if you’re at that point, why would you do something that will help him win re-election?
MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:37 am Yeah. I've reached my breaking point with him. I don't remember what he said/did that made me think I can't any more, but I can't listen to him any more. He's has a rally here later this month that I am skipping.
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:39 pm Anyone is better than tRump!

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic