In an attempt to help curb gun violence

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

should gun violence be banned in all movies?
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

And video games?
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s not really an important factor for gun violence, since other countries exposed to the same movies and video games don’t have nearly the gun violence that America has.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Don’t think it’ll make a difference
Deleted User 276

Unread post

I don't understand in what way? I will say that when I lived in Germany, gun violence in movies was heavily redacted but nudity and S*x wasn't. That made a lot of sense to me.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have very limited support towards censorship. I feel that when it comes to the growing concerns of gun violence, the wrong things are focused on, the wrong questions asked, and therefore the wrong conclusions made.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Could we start with the actors in the movies with so much gun violence to either not lecture the country about gun violence or not participate in those movies? They can either put up or shut up, they can talk the talk pretty good, now it's time to walk the walk.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

I don’t think gun violence in movies contributes to the problems we have .
It’s a problem with people who aren’t thinking straight.
And poorly raised children.
And the constant urging from gun manufacturers and the NRA for people to protect themselves from the “ bad guys ” by buying guns.( but they’re the bad guys in the long run)
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:40 pm Could we start with the actors in the movies with so much gun violence to either not lecture the country about gun violence or not participate in those movies? They can either put up or shut up, they can talk the talk pretty good, now it's time to walk the walk.
De Niro should be the first to do it!
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:48 pm I don’t think gun violence in movies contributes to the problems we have .
It’s a problem with people who aren’t thinking straight.
And poorly raised children.
And the constant urging from gun manufacturers and the NRA for people to protect themselves from the “ bad guys ” by buying guns.( but they’re the bad guys in the long run)
Where in the world are you seeing/hearing constant urging from the gun manufacturers and the NRA about anything?
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic