Students and Teachers Are Writing Wills in Case They Are Killed in a School Shooting

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
AnonXxdarkfoxx1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Over the past few weeks, Allison* has been busy getting ready for her 16th year of teaching high school English. Her back-to-school routine has become habit after so many autumns, but this year is noticeably different. Among the lesson plans, the school supplies, and the class rosters, Allison is also writing her will — in case she is killed in a school shooting.https://www.teenvogue.com/story/student ... l-shooting
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

It’s like another world now, a nightmare, a Twilight Zone...
🙁
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

😥
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Crimson417
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Unfortunately this is the new normal and it will be as long as people think their rights to finger guns is more important than human life.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Every adult should have a will. Your occupation shouldn't matter at all. The fact is, she is more likely to die on her way to work than she is at work. All of these people living in fear is asinine.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

How sad to live under so much fear. But it is wise to have a will in place, regardless.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:49 pm Every adult should have a will. Your occupation shouldn't matter at all. The fact is, she is more likely to die on her way to work than she is at work. All of these people living in fear is asinine.
My daughter is a teacher and the school recently went through a 16 hour lock down/active shooter situation, resulting in several wounded police officers. There is nothing "asinine" about fearing for your life and being responsible for the lives of children in your care.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I made my first Will when I was 16. That was quite a few years ago. It needed to be done.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think everyone should have a will regardless of occupation or financial status. My brother died without a will and it’s been difficult trying to settle his estate.
I’ve have a will since I was in my 20’s..
Locked Previous topicNext topic