Joe Walsh announces Republican primary challenge against Trump

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
AnonXxdarkfoxx1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Conservative firebrand former Illinois Rep. Joe Walsh announced Sunday with ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "This Week" that he's launching a long-shot Republican presidential primary challenge against President Donald Trump. https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/exc ... d=65122073
AnonXxdarkfoxx1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

"We've got a guy in the White House who is completely unfit to be president and it stuns me that nobody stepped up. The country is sick of this guy's tantrum, he's a child... he's nuts, he's erratic, he's cruel, he stokes bigotry,"

"I helped create Trump and that's not an easy thing to say... I went beyond the policy and the idea differences and I got personal and I got hateful. I said some ugly things about Pres. Obama that I regret"

I wonder if his statements will reach the other half of America
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Long shot indeed.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I don’t know much about this guy’s politics but I don’t see anything wrong with this. I’d be open to voting Republican or any other politician who can hold his/her party accountable.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Isn't he the Tea Party guy who advocated to teach kinder kids how to shoot a gun?
He won't beat trump. He'll probably just get more publicity and run for a different public office.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I won't lie, I initially thought this was talking about the Eagles guitarist. 🤣 I need more caffeine.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I honestly don't know why Republicans are sticking with trump so hard. Surely there is another anti-immigrant, pro-rich people, anti-abortion, climate change denier out there who wouldn't be such a goddamn tiresome embarrassment that they could primary.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:49 pm I won't lie, I initially thought this was talking about the Eagles guitarist. 🤣 I need more caffeine.
Damn! I think of him as a solo artist. I didn’t even know he was in The Eagles until a few years ago. The same with Don Henley.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 276

Unread post

I've been following Joe Walsh for awhile so saw this coming. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. He has a conservative following - especially in the tea party. Could he defeat Trump? Hardly. But IMO, Trump does not have the capacity to attack multiple fronts and it will be interesting to see how he deals with a primary challenge from a Tea Party "friend".
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Im interested in hearing more from Bill Weld and now this guy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic