School shootings

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:35 pm
msb64 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:29 pm I feel somewhat protected living in a thight-knit community - town 450 residents and county of 15,000. A mass shooting would shatter this town as it would any community. Right now I enjoy the "protection" but know that it is fragile.
I love small towns. Found out the hard way just how small towns can still be touched by a mentally ill person with a gun when our hospital was shot up.
I think about an exit strategy for myself, my friends, and my son every single Saturday.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:37 pm
msb64 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:29 pm I feel somewhat protected living in a thight-knit community - town 450 residents and county of 15,000. A mass shooting would shatter this town as it would any community. Right now I enjoy the "protection" but know that it is fragile.
I love small towns. Found out the hard way just how small towns can still be touched by a mentally ill person with a gun when our hospital was shot up.
I think about an exit strategy for myself, my friends, and my son every single Saturday.
Why every Saturday?
Deleted User 276

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Why every Saturday?
I am the farmer's market manager for our county. I work every Saturday at the biggest event in our town and I get my son to help with set up and running the market.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:44 pm

Why every Saturday?
I am the farmer's market manager for our county. I work every Saturday at the biggest event in our town and I get my son to help with set up and running the market.
I do the same thing ( look for an exit strategy). Back when me and my daughter were working Walmart together I always thought of the easiest exit for her and myself. I even talked to her about where to go and meet me if she was to ever hear gun shots. This was way before the shootings at Walmart but even then we constantly had to do drills on active shooters. So Walmart employees have been actively taught on what to do in a shooting situation for quite some time.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:48 pm

Why every Saturday?
I do the same thing ( look for an exit strategy). Back when me and my daughter were working Walmart together I always thought of the easiest exit for her and myself. I even talked to her about where to go and meet me if she was to ever hear gun shots. This was way before the shootings at Walmart but even then we constantly had to do drills on active shooters. So Walmart employees have been actively taught on what to do in a shooting situation for quite some time.
Do you find it sad? I know I do. My 16 year old shouldn't have to think about such shit. When my daughter was 16, we lived in Africa and she didn't have to think about stuff like this.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:43 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:48 pm

Do you find it sad? I know I do. My 16 year old shouldn't have to think about such shit. When my daughter was 16, we lived in Africa and she didn't have to think about stuff like this.
Yes. Very much sad and scary. I was just think how we never had to worry about if we would make it home alive when we were in school.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s not a worry I ever had, since I don’t live in the U.S, the thought that someone will just go into a school, or a supermarket and start shooting people is so foreign to me. My oldest is going to study in America this year and I confess I am worried for him. I know inside the school he’ll be safe, but I worry about his safety outside.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic