Gillette 'shifting the focus from social issues,' 'toxic masculinity' ads to 'local heroes'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:15 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 pm
water<wine wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:49 pm

those "crybabaies" are their customers whose money they obviously want. no one wants to buy anything from assholes who lecture them. how many people here call gillette for life advice? no, just sell some dman razors and STFU or lose sales

GET WOKE GO BROKE.
They probably don't care if the lost sales are from assholes who think have this much of a problem over an ad that basically just says "don't rape, bully, and beat people, that isn't what makes you a man." It's considered lecturing to say don't rape women? Really?
ha ha, THEY DO CARE or else they wouldnt change their advertising strategies, are you reading the same article everyone else is?

and presuming that ALL men "need" to be told not to rape women or beat people is very insulting. especially by a soulless corportation who is cashing in on emotional manipulation.

I am just sure the women here would be fine if their women's razor ad told them not to be a false rape accusers or not to be vicious gossipers that drive other young girls to suicide, or not to make their male children ashamed of their gender.
I really do hope that some day you will figure it out and stop your bullshit. Until then, there's no point in arguing with someone so twisted.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:04 pm

They probably don't care if the lost sales are from assholes who think have this much of a problem over an ad that basically just says "don't rape, bully, and beat people, that isn't what makes you a man." It's considered lecturing to say don't rape women? Really?
ha ha, THEY DO CARE or else they wouldnt change their advertising strategies, are you reading the same article everyone else is?

and presuming that ALL men "need" to be told not to rape women or beat people is very insulting. especially by a soulless corportation who is cashing in on emotional manipulation.

I am just sure the women here would be fine if their women's razor ad told them not to be a false rape accusers or not to be vicious gossipers that drive other young girls to suicide, or not to make their male children ashamed of their gender.
I really do hope that some day you will figure it out and stop your bullshit. Until then, there's no point in arguing with someone so twisted.
there is nothing to figure out. *some* women have their own "toxicity" and no, they aren't stereotyped and lectured as one monolithic group by advertisers. if they were the advertisers would be branded misogynist and sexist as they should be. instead women only ever see "empowering" "celebrations" of women, girls, and femininity. so much so that some like yourself can't empathize with men, and THEIR LIVED EXPERIENCE.

right now, there is a trend of misandry in media and when men complain they get labeled as "babies".
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:50 pm this parody video is still funny as hell.

This is funny. 😂😂😂
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:25 pm I only watch ads that make the news - don't have tv so have to go to youtube to see an ad and who does that unless it sparks interest? I liked Gillette's campaign last year. Probably won't seek out this year. We use Gillette products but the ads don't affect our choice.
Same. It doesn’t affect my choice either. I don’t watch much TV and I’ve always hated commercials anyway.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:46 pm Their new ads are pretty much the same. They just aren't saying the words so they won't trigger the crybabies who can't handle the term.
those "crybabaies" are their customers whose money they obviously want. no one wants to buy anything from assholes who lecture them. how many people here call gillette for life advice? no, just sell some dman razors and STFU or lose sales

GET WOKE GO BROKE.
Does your razor company really need to tell you NOT to rape women. The men don't already know that?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:48 pm

GET WOKE GO BROKE.
Does your razor company really need to tell you NOT to rape women. The men don't already know that?
Apparently not given the sexual assault rates in this country and how often men get away with it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

NUTSO, CONSPIRACY believer. I'm so glad she didn't transplant from SoCal to Florida. We have enough of those idiots.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What did she say that's twisted exactly? Our razor ads, none of our products as a matter of fact, dictate instructions to us. I've never seen a Tampax or Summer's Eve commercial provide life coaching.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:28 pm

there is nothing to figure out. *some* women have their own "toxicity" and no, they aren't stereotyped and lectured as one monolithic group by advertisers. if they were the advertisers would be branded misogynist and sexist as they should be. instead women only ever see "empowering" "celebrations" of women, girls, and femininity. so much so that some like yourself can't empathize with men, and THEIR LIVED EXPERIENCE.

right now, there is a trend of misandry in media and when men complain they get labeled as "babies".
Men have raped and subdued women for millennia, the false accusations are a fairly new thing (when considering the length of time humans have been around), if this trend continues, however, you will see commercials telling women to behave.

Right now the trend of women empowerment is in direct response to hundreds of years of widespread misogyny. How many years of widespread misandry have we had?

The start of patriarchal religions in the world helped found the current misogyny, but most likely started when we did. Considering the Christian church started the first century AD (up to the 36th) and women started asking for rights in 1776, there is at least one thousand seven hundred and forty years difference between the two. Fortunately (?) it won't take over a thousand years before women start getting called out on their actions (they already are getting called out and it won't take too much longer before false accusations will be listed as the crime it is, punishable by fines and jail time always), but here's the thing... one of the reasons women aren't being criminally charged and punished by the law as they should is because women already have strikes against them when they are assaulted, they are subject to ridiculous questions and are accountable for every single piece of clothing (you wore a matching black lace panty and bra set under your pants, blouse and cardigan? Well, you were clearly asking for it.) AND the men who commit those crimes don't have a set punishment, which means a man can rape a 14-year old and only have probation for his consequence.

You won't see anything change on the female's side until the rapist of a six-month old gets the consequence he deserves.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:51 am

NUTSO, CONSPIRACY believer. I'm so glad she didn't transplant from SoCal to Florida. We have enough of those idiots.
lol. I am "NUTSO", why were you kicked off of CM again?

Why don't you put me on foe della?
Locked Previous topicNext topic