Liberals, Maybe consider this.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:10 pm Saddest statement in this article.
I had no idea that cooks who make food from other ethnicities would be harassed and accused of cultural appropriation.
Off Topic
Liberals denounce “cultural appropriation” without, in many cases, doing the work of persuading people that there is anything wrong with, say, a teenager not of Chinese descent wearing a Chinese-style dress to prom or eating at a burrito cart run by two non-Latino women.
I don’t like when food is overly Americanized....like all the Asian “fusion” places but I don’t call it cultural appropriation. I just SMH and go eat some where else.

It depends on the situation though. Sometimes it can be and sometimes it isn’t.

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

HanSolo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:26 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:24 pm
HanSolo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:08 pm

It’s the article title☺️ I’ll change it if you want to give me an idea. I thought the article was thoughtful.
Oh no, my comment was directed at that author who used that title, not you for using that as the title of the thread. :-)
I changed it here🙂
Hahaha! That sounds better. 👍🏼😂 I can’t read it because I think I reached my limit.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

I had no idea that cooks who make food from other ethnicities would be harassed and accused of cultural appropriation.
Off Topic
Liberals denounce “cultural appropriation” without, in many cases, doing the work of persuading people that there is anything wrong with, say, a teenager not of Chinese descent wearing a Chinese-style dress to prom or eating at a burrito cart run by two non-Latino women.
the concept of "cultural appropriation" is just used to create an us vs them mentality. for example, in Japan, no one cares if a foreigner wears Kimono. only in the US where youngins are brainwashed in college to be angry at white people does it exist.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Off Topic
You might want to look up the details on the two non-Latina women. That was messed up imo.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:41 pm
Off Topic
the concept of "cultural appropriation" is just used to create an us vs them mentality. for example, in Japan, no one cares if a foreigner wears Kimono. only in the US where youngins are brainwashed in college to be angry at white people does it exist.
That is absolute bullshit. I worked for a Japanese owned corporation for a number of years. My direct supervisors, the President and CFO of this subsidiary, were straight out if Osaka. I know that's anecdotal, but what is your evidence of such a claim?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AnonXxdarkfoxx1 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:18 pm
DSamuels wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:15 pm This portion strikes very true. We see it all the time.....”racist, bigoted, uneducated, undereducated, morons, inappropriate, unacceptable, etc”
Pressing a political view from the Oscar stage, declaring a conservative campus speaker unacceptable, flatly categorizing huge segments of the country as misguided — these reveal a tremendous intellectual and moral self-confidence that smacks of superiority. It’s one thing to police your own language and a very different one to police other people’s. The former can set an example. The latter is domineering.

This judgmental tendency became stronger during the administration of President Barack Obama, though not necessarily because of anything Mr. Obama did. Feeling increasingly emboldened, liberals were more convinced than ever that conservatives were their intellectual and even moral inferiors. Discourses and theories once confined to academia were transmitted into workaday liberal political thinking, and college campuses — which many take to be what a world run by liberals would look like — seemed increasingly intolerant of free inquiry.
This is true about many republicans.
It can be true about both parties but I see it more from one side on here. You probably see it just the opposite but I don’t see many, if any, republicans or conservatives using these words to describe democrats or liberals.

.”racist, bigoted, uneducated, undereducated, morons, inappropriate, unacceptable, etc”

That goes to the parts I made larger in the paragraphs.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:14 am
Off Topic
You might want to look up the details on the two non-Latina women. That was messed up imo.
Isn’t that the one that the women went to Mexico peeking in windows after being told they couldn’t have the recipes?

I didn’t comment on that part because I wasn’t sure.
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:15 pm This portion strikes very true. We see it all the time.....”racist, bigoted, uneducated, undereducated, morons, inappropriate, unacceptable, etc”
Pressing a political view from the Oscar stage, declaring a conservative campus speaker unacceptable, flatly categorizing huge segments of the country as misguided — these reveal a tremendous intellectual and moral self-confidence that smacks of superiority. It’s one thing to police your own language and a very different one to police other people’s. The former can set an example. The latter is domineering.

This judgmental tendency became stronger during the administration of President Barack Obama, though not necessarily because of anything Mr. Obama did. Feeling increasingly emboldened, liberals were more convinced than ever that conservatives were their intellectual and even moral inferiors. Discourses and theories once confined to academia were transmitted into workaday liberal political thinking, and college campuses — which many take to be what a world run by liberals would look like — seemed increasingly intolerant of free inquiry.
Shhh... we’re talking about food

It’s more interesting than whatever garbage this shit is 😂😂😂
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:14 am
Off Topic
I might. Today is college move-in day though. Whew. Amazing the stuff kids today have! I read the linked article and then clicked the link in that about these women- took me to Snopes and a glanced at the first paragraph to see they had to close amid protests. But I was really reacting to this OP. Which is sad. Any chef / cook should be able to cook whatever they wants to.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Locked Previous topicNext topic