Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for pancreatic cancer

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WASHINGTON, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Liberal U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has completed a three-week course of radiation therapy to treat a cancerous tumor on her pancreas, a court spokeswoman said on Friday.

The 86-year old justice tolerated the therapy well and no further treatment is required, spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said in a statement.

An abnormality was first detected in July, and the tumor was identified following a biopsy performed on July 31 at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.

"She canceled her annual summer visit to Santa Fe, but has otherwise maintained an active schedule," Arberg said.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ruth- ... li=BBnbcA0
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Aw! That’s so sad. Pancreatic cancer is mostly a death sentence 🙁. And at her age... well.
My heart goes out to her loved ones. I hope they can make the time she has left a happy and fulfilling one.

Cancer is the most disgusting thing in the world and I can’t wait for the time we kick its ass.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:13 pm Aw! That’s so sad. Pancreatic cancer is mostly a death sentence 🙁. And at her age... well.
My heart goes out to her loved ones. I hope they can make the time she has left a happy and fulfilling one.

Cancer is the most disgusting thing in the world and I can’t wait for the time we kick its ass.
I think it will be very difficult to find a cure for all cancers since there are so many types. My grandfather died of pancreatic cancer in the 90s. It unfortunately spread fast.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know it’s a wishful thinking. I’m sorry for your loss.
My brother also died from brain cancer just a year ago (August 12). He never had his 50th birthday. It’s an terrible, awful disease and my heart breaks now for anyone suffering from it and the people around them who love them.
hockeymom87 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:19 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:13 pm Aw! That’s so sad. Pancreatic cancer is mostly a death sentence 🙁. And at her age... well.

I think it will be very difficult to find a cure for all cancers since there are so many types. My grandfather died of pancreatic cancer in the 90s. It unfortunately spread fast.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pancreatic cancer is very very bad, one of the poorest survival rates of any cancer. I don't care for her liberal slant but you can't wish this upon anyone. RBG needs to retire, and enjoy rest of life without any stress or controversy that usually arises when Supreme Court makes a decision. She had long successfully and brilliant career but it's time to quit with honor.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:26 pm I know it’s a wishful thinking. I’m sorry for your loss.
My brother also died from brain cancer just a year ago (August 12). He never had his 50th birthday. It’s an terrible, awful disease and my heart breaks now for anyone suffering from it and the people around them who love them.

I am sorry for your loss.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

this woman proves that a big part of survival is will power.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thank you!
Lexy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:22 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:26 pm I know it’s a wishful thinking. I’m sorry for your loss.

I am sorry for your loss.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes it is. My BIL died from it.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Cancer is horrible. I am sorry for everyone who has had to deal with it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic