Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for pancreatic cancer

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:43 pm Tenacious, ornery cuss that she is, she's still hanging in there. :)

A lot seems to be more available for those diagnosed with a disease that has been called the "Silent Killer" for so long...pancreatic cancer.

My late father passed away from it over 25 years ago and only 16 days after being diagnosed. They just simply did not find out WHAT he had until it was too late. :(
I'm sorry AZ. Pancreatic it's so insidious.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:43 pm Tenacious, ornery cuss that she is, she's still hanging in there. :)

A lot seems to be more available for those diagnosed with a disease that has been called the "Silent Killer" for so long...pancreatic cancer.

My late father passed away from it over 25 years ago and only 16 days after being diagnosed. They just simply did not find out WHAT he had until it was too late. :(
That's how it went with my husband. He coughed up blood in 2016 and came home (he was working out of town) and we went to the doctor (I was on the phone with Carpy that day talking about the fireworks tent by the office). They took an xray of his lungs, said everything was fine, at first. We later were told to get to the hospital ASAP because someone found a spot/mass in his lung. They thought it was pneumonia. Heavy antibiotics and the mass shrunk, and they thought that was it. Come 2018 we learned it wasn't lung cancer. It was esophageal cancer. All the way down. Stage 4. The pics of his esophagus are horrible...a solid black mass.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:50 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:34 pm
29again wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:32 pm

Maybe it's a different group she's a member of... I'm not sure we know the names of ALL the groups.

Did anyone ever think -- What if they really do have cures for all this? What then?
I'm sorry, but right now I can't talk about this.
I understand, after reading through the comments....
Please, accept my apologies, and my sympathy. I am so sorry for your loss.
Thank you. I'm having a very hard time.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:55 am
29again wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:50 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:34 pm

I'm sorry, but right now I can't talk about this.
I understand, after reading through the comments....
Please, accept my apologies, and my sympathy. I am so sorry for your loss.
Thank you. I'm having a very hard time.
I don't doubt that a bit. I can't imagine the pain... I wish I could help, if there is anything I (as an anon interwebs person) can do, please pm me.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:48 am

That's how it went with my husband. He coughed up blood in 2016 and came home (he was working out of town) and we went to the doctor (I was on the phone with Carpy that day talking about the fireworks tent by the office). They took an xray of his lungs, said everything was fine, at first. We later were told to get to the hospital ASAP because someone found a spot/mass in his lung. They thought it was pneumonia. Heavy antibiotics and the mass shrunk, and they thought that was it. Come 2018 we learned it wasn't lung cancer. It was esophageal cancer. All the way down. Stage 4. The pics of his esophagus are horrible...a solid black mass.
With my late dad, my parent's had just bought the very townhouse my Mom still currently owns and lives in.

During the move, my dad had stubbed the big toe on I believe his right foot. He didn't think anything of it at first though the swelling and bruising just didn't go away. Finally, he went to the doctor after a few weeks of continued bruising and swelling. The doctor wanted to do labs and go from there.

*Something* was going on with him. His A1C was off the charts. His WBC's were also elevated. There were other things showing up in his urine as well.

So after some other testing, they determined he had some sort of blockage and they performed first an angiogram and later, and angioplasty. They also diagnosed him with Type 2 diabetes.

About two weeks after his hospital stay for the angioplasty, he was back in the hospital after vomiting bile. More tests were done and they realized what was really going on. His liver was essentially gone and what they had finally discovered...pancreatic cancer...had metasisized, and his body organs/system was basically shutting down. That stubbed toe that remained black should have been a clue that something else was happening.

I am so sorry about your husband. I truly. :(
Locked Previous topicNext topic