Birthright Citizenship

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The concept of "anchor babies" did not exist when the 14th Amendment was written after the Civil War, mainly to assure former slaves of citizenship. Last year, nearly 300,000 Chinese women came to the U.S. to deliver their babies, and many illegal immigrants use the law as well. Legal immigrants should certainly be granted citizenship for their children, but this law is being abused, and should be addressed in Congress.

In my opinion, if a child is born to a parent who is in the country illegally, (again, I'll repeat - ILLEGALLY) then that child should not get automatic citizenship. The parents needs to take the proper steps to make her/himself, and their child legal.

I'm with Trump. Birthright citizenship in the 21st century is frankly ridiculous.

This is my opinion, and while I can appreciate that my opinion is distasteful to the some of you, that does not make me hateful. It's a difference of political opinion. If you feel the need to call names over a difference of political opinion than you're doing it wrong.
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And again, your opinion is irrelevant. Funny, though, how you toned it down. Your initial opinion was that no child of a NON AMERICAN CITIZEN, even if legally in America at the time of birth should be granted citizenship. You do know that even a tourist on a valid visa is in America legally, right?

By international law, the U.S has to grant citizenship ship for all babies born in American territory- jus soli.
Since you conveniently got that post locked let me ask the question you have been avoiding... again:

Fact is, you can’t deny citizenship to BOTH children born in American soil to non-American parents and children born to American citizens abroad. It’s one or the other- soli or sanguinis- you can’t have it both ways. I asked you several times to pick which one you believe is more fair and the one America should go by.
So which on is it?

And yes, this is your opinion. We’re all entitled to our opinions, even if they’re misguided and based on ignorance. But if YOU are the one claiming that WE are the “ignorant” ones and that your opinion is educated and based on facts, then debate that. If by saying that this is “just your opinion” you’re admitting that it’s an opinion based on your own personal feelings and lack of information but that you like so you’ll hang on to it, then fine. Nothing to debate. You do have a right to it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

In my opinion, if a child is born to a parent who is in the country illegally, (again, I'll repeat - ILLEGALLY) then that child should not get automatic citizenship. The parents needs to take the proper steps to make her/himself, and their child legal.
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So then you’re saying that jus sanguinis is what America should do. Good. That’s a personal preference.

Which then means that any child born abroad with American ancestry should have a right to citizenship, as most countries do. Jus sanguinis. International Law, which the U.S has signed on and supported as part of preventing Statelessness. Because again, you pick one or the other, you can’t put restrictions on both.
morgan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:52 pm In my opinion, if a child is born to a parent who is in the country illegally, (again, I'll repeat - ILLEGALLY) then that child should not get automatic citizenship. The parents needs to take the proper steps to make her/himself, and their child legal.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The concept of "anchor babies" did not exist when the 14th Amendment was written after the Civil War, mainly to assure former slaves of citizenship. Last year, nearly 300,000 Chinese women came to the U.S. to deliver their babies, and many illegal immigrants use the law as well. Legal immigrants should certainly be granted citizenship for their children, but this law is being abused, and should be addressed in Congress.
KAG
Mean Girl
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So you're okay with birth tourism.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:59 pm So you're okay with birth tourism.
I'm okay with: Don't illegally come into another country pregnant with the intention of dropping your spawn on foreign soil thus granting you free citizenship.

So simple, yet so difficult to process.
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And if I enter pregnant in a perfectly legal way? It’s not a crime to travel when pregnant.
morgan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:03 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:59 pm So you're okay with birth tourism.
I'm okay with: Don't illegally come into another country pregnant with the intention of dropping your spawn on foreign soil thus granting you free citizenship.

So simple, yet so difficult to process.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So simple, can't even grasp it.
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I''m so sorry you criminals don't understand the concept of illegal and legal.
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic