Birthright Citizenship

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Can you imagine the can of worms that will open up?
I’d like to see these Trumpsters then throw a fit when talks about scratching the 2nd Amendment start becoming a reality. I mean, once one is thrown away as irrelevant, then others will follow.
Francee89 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:37 pm
morgan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:26 pm The concept of "anchor babies" did not exist when the 14th Amendment was written after the Civil War, mainly to assure former slaves of citizenship. Last year, nearly 300,000 Chinese women came to the U.S. to deliver their babies, and many illegal immigrants use the law as well. Legal immigrants should certainly be granted citizenship for their children, but this law is being abused, and should be addressed in Congress.

In my opinion, if a child is born to a parent who is in the country illegally, (again, I'll repeat - ILLEGALLY) then that child should not get automatic citizenship. The parents needs to take the proper steps to make her/himself, and their child legal.

I'm with Trump. Birthright citizenship in the 21st century is frankly ridiculous.

This is my opinion, and while I can appreciate that my opinion is distasteful to the some of you, that does not make me hateful. It's a difference of political opinion. If you feel the need to call names over a difference of political opinion than you're doing it wrong.
“Addressed in Congress” will require a Constitutional Amendment. Good luck with that.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 276

Unread post

morgan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:55 pm The concept of "anchor babies" did not exist when the 14th Amendment was written after the Civil War, mainly to assure former slaves of citizenship. Last year, nearly 300,000 Chinese women came to the U.S. to deliver their babies, and many illegal immigrants use the law as well. Legal immigrants should certainly be granted citizenship for their children, but this law is being abused, and should be addressed in Congress.
I would assume that those Chinese women were in the US legally.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

ONE MORE TIME: the Constitution says it's legal. In the U.S. we follow the Constitution. Our president takes an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution and citizens and lawmakers should be doing just that instead of trying to twist and ignore what it says.
Locked Previous topicNext topic