This is the way we treat police officers now days?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am over these morons thinking they're cute challenging the police now. No one's going to join anymore. Then what?

This piece of crap would be the first one running and crying for help if someone came after him. Let's see what he thinks of the police then. That's infuriating.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:34 pm Citizens have the right to film what is happening. It's NOT a "distraction, it's a record. Since police offers are more and more expected to film their own encounters with people I think it's fine. An officer is performing a public service and as such, the public should be able to watch and film if done without intruding. The very act of making a public record is not in itself a "distraction."
This guy is hiding behind his “rights” to antagonize and berate those officers for YouTube fame.

I’ve had my fair share of bad run ins with police but this is inexcusable.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I have to commend that officer for not taking the bait and not shove that camera phone down his disrespectful mouth.
You do not treat people like that or use “social justice” to be a ratchet asshole.

This video is ridiculous.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Disgusting people.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:08 pm It’s not the way I treat officers.

One thing I love about living in a smaller area is being able to personally know all the officers and sheriffs... having our kids go to the same school, getting everyone to see each other at town celebrations...
I agree! Our son has Autism and we made sure to introduce him to all police and rescue and let them know that he may not react appropriately in an emergency situation. My husband now works for dispatch so we are at the station often and I try to feed them yummies whenever I can. It's made the world of difference for our son mainstreaming and his confidence is really high.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:21 pm
morgan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:05 pm

Did you watch around the 12 minute point? I couldn’t find the shorter version that pretty much starts at the point ( the worse part of the video).
That's where I started and made it less then 2 minutes. That guy should have been swallowed.
I agree. I don’t know why but there are more and more people out there grabbing their phones and running up to a police scene to record them. There should be laws made against it. They are distracting and putting people at risk. They tho m they are so big and bad running their mouths to cops.
If we made laws against recording police we would no longer be democracy. We would be a police state.

That video was stupid but videos have implicated police lying, planting guns on people, kicking and punching people who are on the ground handcuffed. This is why, as a democracy, police are wearing cameras more and more. To protect them from lying suspects and suspects from lying police.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:33 pm hes being nosy, I highly doubt the woman wants that embarrassing incident all over the internet. so his phony "concern" for her is really just an excuse to virtue signal. I highly doubt he would appreciate someone following him around while he works recording his every move and demanding he "get back to work" when he expressed discomfort.

Now if you witness a cop being inappropirate, using excessive force then you have cause to record and call 9/11.

the more people like him try to stigmatize being a cop by demonizing and disrespecting them, the less people who will sign up for the job and the less safe we will be. I highly doubt this asshole would be willing to lay down his life to save anyone. but he has a camera and a snarky attitude so he feels morally superior :?
He’s probably hoping to record police abuse and get millions of hits on YouTube .

Why was he saying “that’s why we need militia out here”. That didn’t make any sense.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:48 pm
morgan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 pm

That's where I started and made it less then 2 minutes. That guy should have been swallowed.
I agree. I don’t know why but there are more and more people out there grabbing their phones and running up to a police scene to record them. There should be laws made against it. They are distracting and putting people at risk. They tho m they are so big and bad running their mouths to cops.
If we made laws against recording police we would no longer be democracy. We would be a police state.

That video was stupid but videos have implicated police lying, planting guns on people, kicking and punching people who are on the ground handcuffed. This is why, as a democracy, police are wearing cameras more and more. To protect them from lying suspects and suspects from lying police.
I’m not talking about laws against the records themselves. I talking about getting so close to record and to taunt and provoke police officers. I don’t care about the recordings but they should not be allowed so close. Police do have cameras. There is no need for these people to put cameras in a cops face. It’s not ok.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:24 pm

I’m not talking about laws against the records themselves. I talking about getting so close to record and to taunt and provoke police officers. I don’t care about the recordings but they should not be allowed so close. Police do have cameras. There is no need for these people to put cameras in a cops face. It’s not ok.
They should stay far enough away. I think they were far enough away then they kept getting closer. And they should only tape if they see something. That should never have gone viral, it was nothing to see.

But free speech, democracy and all that. The police need to have the judgment when behavior and taunting crosses the line and when it doesn't. This didn’t and the police practiced good judgment.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:49 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:24 pm

They should stay far enough away. I think they were far enough away then they kept getting closer. And they should only tape if they see something. That should never have gone viral, it was nothing to see.

But free speech, democracy and all that. The police need to have the judgment when behavior and taunting crosses the line and when it doesn't. This didn’t and the police practiced good judgment.
It went viral because he was an ass to the officer. That officer was very patient and the video should actually be used in training officers today because this is a big issue they are facing now.
If he had kept his distance the officer wouldn’t have stayed there. He was acting suspicious. The officer did a great job looking out for his coworkers. Just because the guy had a camera in his hand doesn’t mean he was only armed with a camera. Now days it isn’t unheard of for shooters to record their shootings too. Another risk and reason for officers to be able to keep these people at a safe distance.
Locked Previous topicNext topic