This is the way we treat police officers now days?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Gosh, that guy is such an idiot.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Citizens have the right to film what is happening. It's NOT a "distraction, it's a record. Since police offers are more and more expected to film their own encounters with people I think it's fine. An officer is performing a public service and as such, the public should be able to watch and film if done without intruding. The very act of making a public record is not in itself a "distraction."
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

hes being nosy, I highly doubt the woman wants that embarrassing incident all over the internet. so his phony "concern" for her is really just an excuse to virtue signal. I highly doubt he would appreciate someone following him around while he works recording his every move and demanding he "get back to work" when he expressed discomfort.

Now if you witness a cop being inappropirate, using excessive force then you have cause to record and call 9/11.

the more people like him try to stigmatize being a cop by demonizing and disrespecting them, the less people who will sign up for the job and the less safe we will be. I highly doubt this asshole would be willing to lay down his life to save anyone. but he has a camera and a snarky attitude so he feels morally superior :?
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:33 pm hes being nosy, I highly doubt the woman wants that embarrassing incident all over the internet. so his phony "concern" for her is really just an excuse to virtue signal. I highly doubt he would appreciate someone following him around while he works recording his every move and demanding he "get back to work" when he expressed discomfort.

Now if you witness a cop being inappropirate, using excessive force then you have cause to record and call 9/11.

the more people like him try to stigmatize being a cop by demonizing and disrespecting them, the less people who will sign up for the job and the less safe we will be. I highly doubt this asshole would be willing to lay down his life to save anyone. but he has a camera and a snarky attitude so he feels morally superior :?
Agree
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:34 pm Citizens have the right to film what is happening. It's NOT a "distraction, it's a record. Since police offers are more and more expected to film their own encounters with people I think it's fine. An officer is performing a public service and as such, the public should be able to watch and film if done without intruding. The very act of making a public record is not in itself a "distraction."
Getting too close to a scene and investigation is very much a distraction. If a cop tells you to back up you should have to back up. Not the mention the person being investigated may have their personal information recorded by some random person
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:34 pm Citizens have the right to film what is happening. It's NOT a "distraction, it's a record. Since police offers are more and more expected to film their own encounters with people I think it's fine. An officer is performing a public service and as such, the public should be able to watch and film if done without intruding. The very act of making a public record is not in itself a "distraction."
Actually, it is a distraction, especially if the cop is telling you back away from an agitated person. If that person decides he/she dont want Joe Blow Concerned Citizen filming the police interaction, things can go south real fast, and that is when people get hurt.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:46 pm
Getting too close to a scene and investigation is very much a distraction. If a cop tells you to back up you should have to back up. Not the mention the person being investigated may have their personal information recorded by some random person
they can also contaminate evidence by entering a crime scene and endanger themelves, the person being apprehended and the cops. the cops dont know if he is armed, a look out or whatever. he doesnt know if the owman is a dnagerous threat, walking over to them could cause enough of a dstraction to allow the person to harm the cop, because they have to divert attantion away from the perp. obviously with a DUI that might not be the case but he has no clue what was going on.

typical entitled SJW.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:08 pm It’s not the way I treat officers.

One thing I love about living in a smaller area is being able to personally know all the officers and sheriffs... having our kids go to the same school, getting everyone to see each other at town celebrations...
unfortunatley big cities need cops too and intead of having "town celebrations" cops in democrat run cities face harrassment and hatred, stoked by democrat politicians' rhetoric. theres only so much refusal of service, being spat at, water dumped on them, and BLM members shooting them in their patrol cars they will be willing to accept before they abandon their jobs.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This terrifies me as a mother of a son who wants nothing more than to be a cop
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:45 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:08 pm It’s not the way I treat officers.

One thing I love about living in a smaller area is being able to personally know all the officers and sheriffs... having our kids go to the same school, getting everyone to see each other at town celebrations...
unfortunatley big cities need cops too and intead of having "town celebrations" cops in democrat run cities face harrassment and hatred, stoked by democrat politicians' rhetoric. theres only so much refusal of service, being spat at, water dumped on them, and BLM members shooting them in their patrol cars they will be willing to accept before they abandon their jobs.

Do they not face that in republican run cities?
Locked Previous topicNext topic