Sussex county NY man and his weaponry, Nazi paraphernalia

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, sweetie, you’re not being attacked over that. You’re right. He didn’t have a legal right to those weapons, and yet he had them. Probably because the hurdles in place to prevent illegal arms are pathetic in America. Anyone with a couple of neurons can tackle those in 2 seconds.

You’re being challenged on your comment because that’s THE dumbest argument against stricter gun control ever imagined.
But I guess, as I told Lexy, that we shouldn’t bother with more border security and tighter immigration laws. Don’t even support that useless wall. Because illegals will find a way to break the law and enter, so why bother?
See the dumbness of that argument now? Or let me guess... for some reason “it’s not the same thing”, right? That’s your usual “comeback” when you’re trapped in your own lack of logic.
morgan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:59 pm
Lexy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:56 pm
morgan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:04 am Actually it's not his 2nd amendment right - he was a felon who had the weapons illegally. He had weapons that are already considered illegal on their own. This is just an example of how criminals do not follow the laws and will find a way to obtain weapons. Always.
A felon in possession of a firearm? Imagine that!! I guess he didn't give a shit about the laws in New Jersey. Most criminals don't care about obeying society's laws.
Notice how passionately I was attacked by my usual fanbase I'm getting for pointing out to Libby that he was in no way practicing any 2nd amendment right?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You really should settle down.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:02 pm No, sweetie, you’re not being attacked over that. You’re right. He didn’t have a legal right to those weapons, and yet he had them. Probably because the hurdles in place to prevent illegal arms are pathetic in America. Anyone with a couple of neurons can tackle those in 2 seconds.

You’re being challenged on your comment because that’s THE dumbest argument against stricter gun control ever imagined.
But I guess, as I told Lexy, that we shouldn’t bother with more border security and tighter immigration laws. Don’t even support that useless wall. Because illegals will find a way to break the law and enter, so why bother?
See the dumbness of that argument now? Or let me guess... for some reason “it’s not the same thing”, right? That’s your usual “comeback” when you’re trapped in your own lack of logic.
morgan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:59 pm

A felon in possession of a firearm? Imagine that!! I guess he didn't give a shit about the laws in New Jersey. Most criminals don't care about obeying society's laws.
Notice how passionately I was attacked by my usual fanbase I'm getting for pointing out to Libby that he was in no way practicing any 2nd amendment right?
KAG
Mean Girl
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:58 pm And again... does that mean then that stricter laws shouldn’t be put in place so that it’s not that easy breezy for criminals to break them?
So why build a wall? Or invest on border patrol? Or have the concentration camps? Illegal immigrants will find a way to sneak in, anyway, right? So let’s not bother with making it harder, let’s just tolerate it and get it over with.
morgan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:04 am Actually it's not his 2nd amendment right - he was a felon who had the weapons illegally. He had weapons that are already considered illegal on their own. This is just an example of how criminals do not follow the laws and will find a way to obtain weapons. Always.
New Jersey is definitely one of the top states with strictest gun laws. Yet Newark, Camden and Atlantic City are ridden with crime. I don't have a solution but you are not going to stop criminals from getting guns.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"On the current charges, Rubino faces a maximum of life in prison if he’s convicted of his most serious crime: possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug-trafficking crime. Rubino also faces other federal drug-dealing offenses and weapons charges, and was charged with similar offenses in Sussex and Warren counties. The U.S. Attorney’s Office said many of the guns Rubino had came from outside New Jersey."

https://www.nj.com/sussex-county/2019/0 ... s-say.html
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:12 pm "On the current charges, Rubino faces a maximum of life in prison if he’s convicted of his most serious crime: possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug-trafficking crime. Rubino also faces other federal drug-dealing offenses and weapons charges, and was charged with similar offenses in Sussex and Warren counties. The U.S. Attorney’s Office said many of the guns Rubino had came from outside New Jersey."

https://www.nj.com/sussex-county/2019/0 ... s-say.html

It’s a good thing those gun laws were in place and can help keep him in prison for life.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:07 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:58 pm And again... does that mean then that stricter laws shouldn’t be put in place so that it’s not that easy breezy for criminals to break them?
So why build a wall? Or invest on border patrol? Or have the concentration camps? Illegal immigrants will find a way to sneak in, anyway, right? So let’s not bother with making it harder, let’s just tolerate it and get it over with.

New Jersey is definitely one of the top states with strictest gun laws. Yet Newark, Camden and Atlantic City are ridden with crime. I don't have a solution but you are not going to stop criminals from getting guns.
If those gun laws didn’t exist, would they be able to charge him with the same criminal offenses?

If those gun laws can help put him away for life... isn’t it a good thing they exist, even if they didn’t stop him from acquiring the weapons?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thing is, the strictest gun control in America is still a joke.
You want to see effective gun control laws? Look at Australia, not New Jersey.

So I ask again... if we shouldn’t have stricter regulations for guns because criminals will find a way to get them anyway, why doesn’t the same “logic” apply to other things, like immigration? Why spend billions on a wall, or on border patrol or demand stricter immigration laws of illegal immigrants will also find a way to bypass them?

I mean, seriously, if we should only work on laws no criminal will ever commit, why have any laws to begin with? We have laws to stop and/or punish people who will break them. We don’t have laws to prevent things no one will ever consider doing. And if we realize the law is so lax and pointless that anyone can break it easily, then obviously the solution is to strengthen that law and make it harsher and harder to break not leave it like it is or get rid of it altogether.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ah! You hit the nail on the head.
Laws aren’t there to prevent every single crime. Unfortunately, that’s imposible. Even with a complete ban on guns, I’m sure a clever criminal could manage, even if he has to make that weapon himself. Sure. But could the many who manage right now could do the same? Probably not. But maybe quite a few will be caught before the crime escalates. If stricter control were in place, could this guy bypass it to get a couple of guns? Probably. But chances are he would get caught before he managed to acquire a whole arsenal of assault weapons and even grenades (which shouldn’t be available to anyone outside military service, hello?).
And brings me to the second part, some laws allow us to punish a criminal for something lesser before he has a chance to commit a greater crime. As in this case. If the 2nd Amendment was even more free-for-all, the police couldn’t have done anything against this man and who knows what atrocities he was hoping to commit with those?

And to use the same comparison that’s being ignored from the other side... if an immigrant manages to cross a wall and fool border patrol, does that mean we shouldn’t strengthen barriers and border patrol? If one illegal immigrant is stopped at the border because of harsher security, would they be saying it’s worth it? I’m sure they will. So why if strict gun control could stop ONE shooting that’s not enough to consider it? To put it this way, Trump’s “wall” will not stop every single illegal, especially since most illegals enter the country legally and then overstay. They don’t go around swimming the Rio Grande or crawling through tunnels, that’s the minority. But they obviously think a wall will be a deterrent for enough people to make it worth the expense, right? Well, why doesn’t that same logic apply to gun control? Stricter laws may not stop every single criminal, but if it’s a deterrent for some, then why isn’t it worth it?

I can tell you because I saw it with DH and my sons, that some of the visa form questions sound beyond stupid. “Are you coming to the U.S to commit an act of terrorism?”, “are you planning to commit a crime in the U.S?”. Well, duh. Who will answer “yes” to these questions even if they ARE planning to do it a crime or a terrorist act in U.S soil? Obviously those questions aren’t meant to catch potential terrorists, they’re meant to add more crimes to the accusations if and when they are caught in a criminal act. Lying in the visa application is perjury and a federal offense. So should immigration just delete these questions because they don’t really catch potential terrorists?
ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:15 pm
If those gun laws didn’t exist, would they be able to charge him with the same criminal offenses?

If those gun laws can help put him away for life... isn’t it a good thing they exist, even if they didn’t stop him from acquiring the weapons?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

But Fox News, via Tucker Carlson, has assured us all white supremacy isn’t a real problem! How could this be!?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, when something is desirable by someone, obviously it’s not a “problem” for them 🤷‍♀️
Just as I’m sure in Nazi Germany anti-Semitism wasn’t a “problem” for most. It was for Jews, but to the average Nazi sympathizer, not a problem.
Francee89 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:26 pm But Fox News, via Tucker Carlson, has assured us all white supremacy isn’t a real problem! How could this be!?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic