Trump and the Medal of Honor

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2019 ... or-1470950
At AMVETS award ceremony, Trump said he should get the Medal of Honor , being the “ chosen one” for dealing with China. He said he almost gave himself one.
( he’s not a vet... )
Joke or serious?
Article at link
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Obama received awards and accolades he wasn’t due. I think that’s why President Trump said this. Sometimes I find him funny, other times I don’t get his sense of humor.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:57 am Obama received awards and accolades he wasn’t due. I think that’s why President Trump said this. Sometimes I find him funny, other times I don’t get his sense of humor.
That’s your opinion because of your dislike of him. There is no mathematical equation to verify if an award is someone’s due.

I think Trump’s advisors told him to joke about it because of a montage video of Trump telling about a dozen different audiences that he was named “ man of the year” in Detroit. Trump is unable to verify details of this award and no one has ever heard of such an award. Trump looked foolish and the best way to address this is humor.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:57 am Obama received awards and accolades he wasn’t due. I think that’s why President Trump said this. Sometimes I find him funny, other times I don’t get his sense of humor.
Obama?
How about Hillary- don’t forget to mention her too.
🙄🙄🙄
But anyway...
The Medal of Honor is an award given to military - he never served in the military, you know.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, I guess he realizes he has no shot at that Noble Peace Prize, and doesn’t every kid deserve an award? :lol:
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Like your hero Donald you are obsessed with Obama and refuse to accept that he did do his job with intelligence and grace and lack of scandal. Trump, of course, did none of those things. He is a narcissist and insists on making up fake awards and lying about what he has done.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That’s almost as funny as Obama giving himself the Nobel Peace Prize. The president who has dropped the most bombs in history.
KAG
Mean Girl
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's obviously a joke. I swear there's no hope...
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. I confess I’m not an Obama fan, I disagreed a lot with his views and policies.
But he acted like a president should act. The one faux pas that could be compared to Donnie’s constant screwups is when he was badmouthing Netanyahu with Sarkozy like 2 mean girls at prom and their conversation was heard by the reporters in the next room because they didn’t realize their microphones were on, lol. I mean that’s something I can see happening to Trump :lol:
But other than that- and he’s a person, he’s not perfect- he acted with decorum, he obviously took his office seriously, he always seemed out together, calm and didn’t have the need to throw a fit every time something negative was said about him.
EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:18 am Like your hero Donald you are obsessed with Obama and refuse to accept that he did do his job with intelligence and grace and lack of scandal. Trump, of course, did none of those things. He is a narcissist and insists on making up fake awards and lying about what he has done.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I do think it was joke. But honestly, you can never be sure with Trump. I mean, most of the things he says that sound like jokes because of their absurdity, he was quite serious.
jas wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:48 am It's obviously a joke. I swear there's no hope...
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic