*Topic Locked* Jewish-Americans unhappy with Trump’s message

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:19 am
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:16 am
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:12 am

Honestly, the whole thing is off the rails. Both sides need an overhaul, and we HAVE to get a third party in there. I'm just over it all.
Yes! If there was someone who wasn’t far left that I liked I probably would vote for them. I’m tired of the whole Trump crap. Im ready for it to be over. I honestly don’t want to hear 4 more years of this back and forth. Unfortunately I’m not ready to vote in any of the candidates running against him.
Why don’t you run and vote for yourself since all your posts show you think you’re better than everyone !
😂
It seems to me that bionicbunny is somewhat newer to discussing politics and she also seems to be open minded. Instead of attacking her it may be wise to give her some material and explain things calmly. Saying things like this isn’t helpful to anyone and won’t open a dialogue it will only further divide us which is what’s wrong with the US today. Everyone is convinced that they are right and refuse to listen to anyone else.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:44 am
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:16 am

Yes! If there was someone who wasn’t far left that I liked I probably would vote for them. I’m tired of the whole Trump crap. Im ready for it to be over. I honestly don’t want to hear 4 more years of this back and forth. Unfortunately I’m not ready to vote in any of the candidates running against him.
Why don’t you run and vote for yourself since all your posts show you think you’re better than everyone !
😂
It seems to me that bionicbunny is somewhat newer to discussing politics and she also seems to be open minded. Instead of attacking her it may be wise to give her some material and explain things calmly. Saying things like this isn’t helpful to anyone and won’t open a dialogue it will only further divide us which is what’s wrong with the US today. Everyone is convinced that they are right and refuse to listen to anyone else.
That would be nice but I doubt it would work with her. And she has been posting for a long time, calling everyone “ lefties “ if they aren’t Republicans and don’t agree with her.
I give up.
She’s on my “Foe” list.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 am
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:22 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Ok I didn’t want to use this example, which is why I went with the jury example, but it seems this will only be the one example I can think of that would be more at the level of understanding...
Let’s say a member of the KKK is accused. Would it be reasonable to worry about some bias if he was judged by a black man? Or vise versa.
No, it wouldn’t be reasonable. Terrorists who commit acts against Americans have trials overseen by American judges. Judges can vehemently disagree with what the person stands accused of, what their ideologies or politics are or just how their personality and demeanor comes off. That doesn’t make them incapable of fairly presiding over a trial.
Bullshit. It would absolutely be reasonable. It doesn’t mean they are not capable of judging fairly but it does mean there is reasonable concern for bias. Can Doesn’t mean will. That’s why we have conflicts of interest.
Why would it be reasonable to assume that a black or Hispanic judge couldn’t do their job properly because of their race or ethnic background? Could you find some cases of lawyers arguing judges should recuse themselves because they’re a person of colour and a suspect is racist? No, because that would absolutely be correctly understood to be be it is - racist and bigoted.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:16 am
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 am
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:22 pm

No, it wouldn’t be reasonable. Terrorists who commit acts against Americans have trials overseen by American judges. Judges can vehemently disagree with what the person stands accused of, what their ideologies or politics are or just how their personality and demeanor comes off. That doesn’t make them incapable of fairly presiding over a trial.
Bullshit. It would absolutely be reasonable. It doesn’t mean they are not capable of judging fairly but it does mean there is reasonable concern for bias. Can Doesn’t mean will. That’s why we have conflicts of interest.
And why judges recuse themselves. It’s to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

You used the wrong black/white example. A better example would be if a black person appeared before a judge who was a racist or had white supremacy leanings. No way would that judge be trusted to be impartial.
Could you link to some examples of judges recusing themselves because they’re people of color and the suspect is a white supremacist? Thanks in advance! Shouldn’t be too tough, as you said that’s “why judges recuse themselves”.

Judge Curiel has no history of “racist leanings”. How was it not bigoted to say he should have recused himself because “he’s a Mexican”? And are you seriously trying to compare being a racist/white supremacist to simply being a person of color?
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:50 am
hmmm666 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:44 am
😂
That would be nice but I doubt it would work with her. And she has been posting for a long time, calling everyone “ lefties “ if they aren’t Republicans and don’t agree with her.
I give up.
She’s on my “Foe” list.
The reason I say she seems newer at discussing politics is mainly based on her not knowing some wide spread stories and or issues that have come up. The best thing you can do is explain what you are trying to say with provided evidence and she can choose whether or not it’s worth reading. It is possible to discuss things without the attacks and division. The name calling on both sides needs to stop if we want a better country. But yes adding someone to your foe list when needed is a valuable tool on a forum such as this. The problem with foe is the curiosity you get when you can’t see the post anymore :lol:
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This topic has been locked due to several off topic replies by multiple members.
Locked Previous topicNext topic