*Topic Locked* Jewish-Americans unhappy with Trump’s message

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:03 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:00 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:56 pm

⭕️ ⭕️ ⭕️ ⭕️ ⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️
As I said I was talking about picking someone who could relate. That doesn’t mean that you would say I’m not picking that white man. He’s white. Scratch that. If it makes you understand better just say poor person and rich person. You would want to pick someone with the same kind of background. Someone relatable. Now I’m not going over that again so that better be good enough because like I said I’m done talking in circles.
So would the only people capable of presiding over a trial in which Trump is a party in an unbiased way be old, white, conservative, rich men? Why couldn’t an American-born man of Mexican ethnic background “relate” to him?

It’s a judge’s job to stay fair regardless of who is appearing in front of them. How is saying he can’t be fair because “he’s a Mexican” not saying he can’t do his job? You’ve yet to explain.
You don’t get to have a jury full of all the people you want. You know this. Each side gets to pick.
As for how it’s not an example of bigotry, expressing concerns of someone being biased towards you isn’t being intolerant to them.
I’m discussing judges. If Trump wants a judge that can “relate”, are the only people who could fairly judge him old, white, rich conservative men? What makes an American born judge of Mexican heritage unable to relate?

His concern was expressed as “he’s a Mexican”. How is thinking his ethnic background makes him unable to do his job - be fair to a party appearing before him - not an example of bigotry? Suggesting he’s not doing his job properly - issuing improper, biased rulings (that Trump never specified, obviously) because “he’s a Mexican” is certainly intolerant of him.

Let’s say a white man shot a black man. The judge presiding over the trial is black. How would it not be racist to say “John can’t get a fair trial, the judge is an African American”?
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:09 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:37 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:16 pm

Trump said an American judge of Mexican heritage couldn’t be fair to him because “he’s a Mexican”. What is that if not outright bigotry based on his ethnic background? How can it be seen as anything else?

So, with the understanding he’s been outright bigoted over and over, how is it unfair or manipulative to say people must either agree to be willing to tolerate and enable it if they vote for him?

No thanks, I’ll post whatever I want on a board literally meant for discussing opinions! You can deal with that, like a good little girl.
I’m not a good little girl. I’m a bad little girl. And apparently so are you! 😂
What is the content in this comment of Trump saying the judge of Mexican heritage couldn’t be fair? Was it in a situation the judge could have been biased in?
the judge was a member of the "la raza" lawyer's association. "la raza" is a hispanic supremecist movement.
Source on it being a “Hispanic supremacist movement”? He’s a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, not related to the pro-immigration reform National Council of La Raza movement: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... ant-group/.

And why would that make any more biased than, say, Brett Kavanaugh would be against Democrats as a person who served in a Republican Administration?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:12 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:00 pm

So would the only people capable of presiding over a trial in which Trump is a party in an unbiased way be old, white, conservative, rich men? Why couldn’t an American-born man of Mexican ethnic background “relate” to him?

It’s a judge’s job to stay fair regardless of who is appearing in front of them. How is saying he can’t be fair because “he’s a Mexican” not saying he can’t do his job? You’ve yet to explain.
You don’t get to have a jury full of all the people you want. You know this. Each side gets to pick.
As for how it’s not an example of bigotry, expressing concerns of someone being biased towards you isn’t being intolerant to them.
I’m discussing judges. If Trump wants a judge that can “relate”, are the only people who could fairly judge him old, white, rich conservative men? What makes an American born judge of Mexican heritage unable to relate?

His concern was expressed as “he’s a Mexican”. How is thinking his ethnic background makes him unable to do his job - be fair to a party appearing before him - not an example of bigotry? Suggesting he’s not doing his job properly - issuing improper, biased rulings (that Trump never specified, obviously) because “he’s a Mexican” is certainly intolerant of him.

Let’s say a white man shot a black man. The judge presiding over the trial is black. How would it not be racist to say “John can’t get a fair trial, the judge is an African American”?
Ok I didn’t want to use this example, which is why I went with the jury example, but it seems this will only be the one example I can think of that would be more at the level of understanding...
Let’s say a member of the KKK is accused. Would it be reasonable to worry about some bias if he was judged by a black man? Or vise versa.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Ok I didn’t want to use this example, which is why I went with the jury example, but it seems this will only be the one example I can think of that would be more at the level of understanding...
Let’s say a member of the KKK is accused. Would it be reasonable to worry about some bias if he was judged by a black man? Or vise versa.
No, it wouldn’t be reasonable. Terrorists who commit acts against Americans have trials overseen by American judges. Judges can vehemently disagree with what the person stands accused of, what their ideologies or politics are or just how their personality and demeanor comes off. That doesn’t make them incapable of fairly presiding over a trial.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Trump said an American judge of Mexican heritage couldn’t be fair to him because “he’s a Mexican”. What is that if not outright bigotry based on his ethnic background? How can it be seen as anything else?

So, with the understanding he’s been outright bigoted over and over, how is it unfair or manipulative to say people must either agree to be willing to tolerate and enable it if they vote for him?

No thanks, I’ll post whatever I want on a board literally meant for discussing opinions! You can deal with that, like a good little girl.
What is the content in this comment of Trump saying the judge of Mexican heritage couldn’t be fair? Was it in a situation the judge could have been biased in?
the judge was a member of the "la raza" lawyer's association. "la raza" is a hispanic supremecist movement.
And Trump is a member of The TRump family.
Even worse.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t know why I didn’t get a notice that you quoted me. I just saw this after Libby made her tRump comment 🙄 oh Libby! Lol
I didn’t know this information. Thanks for sharing. No wonder Trump was worried about bias.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:03 am

I don’t know why I didn’t get a notice that you quoted me. I just saw this after Libby made her tRump comment 🙄 oh Libby! Lol
I didn’t know this information. Thanks for sharing. No wonder Trump was worried about bias.
Trump isn’t worried- he’s the one who is biased, bigoted, and racist.
Oh, and narcissistic.
No sense of right and wrong.
Amoral.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:22 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:18 pm

No, it wouldn’t be reasonable. Terrorists who commit acts against Americans have trials overseen by American judges. Judges can vehemently disagree with what the person stands accused of, what their ideologies or politics are or just how their personality and demeanor comes off. That doesn’t make them incapable of fairly presiding over a trial.
Bullshit. It would absolutely be reasonable. It doesn’t mean they are not capable of judging fairly but it does mean there is reasonable concern for bias. Can Doesn’t mean will. That’s why we have conflicts of interest.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 am
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:03 am

Trump isn’t worried- he’s the one who is biased, bigoted, and racist.
Oh, and narcissistic.
No sense of right and wrong.
Amoral.
Yeah yeah. We know Libby. This is pretty much the only thing you say to contribute to any conversation while the rest of your replies are of emojis and “ I agree” and “ well said” repeated over and over.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:41 pm Understandable. He shouldn’t have said that at all. It’s like how those who plan to vote Trump feel about being called racist. Each side is playing this little game. Im getting sick of politics!

Honestly, the whole thing is off the rails. Both sides need an overhaul, and we HAVE to get a third party in there. I'm just over it all.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic