*Topic Locked* Jewish-Americans unhappy with Trump’s message

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:45 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:21 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Did he say the judge couldn’t “ do his job” because he is Mexican? Or that he felt he may be biased against him? Because I read he was worried he would be biased.
To do their job, a judge has to be fair regardless of their opinion of the actions/crimes, personality, politics or whatever else of any of the parties. Saying he can’t be fair to someone because “he’s a Mexican” is saying he can’t do his job.
You lefties sure like to put words in people’s mouths.
Let’s look at this from a different angle. Let’s say a blue collar black man is on trial for murder of a rich white man. As his defense lawyer you have to help pick the jury. Who would you try best to get on the jury? A bunch of white collar rich men who would relate with the victim or blue collar black men who would relate to the accused? Everyone has some bias. When it comes to judges and jury you are going to hope for someone who may not have bias against you.
This example of how you have pretty much put words in Trumps mouth to make him racist to fit your agenda is exactly why I am skeptical of many things said about Trump. And it is exactly why I will not make my voting decision based on what a bunch of hate filled people say I should think. I’m not a puppet like many people. Besides, my decision on who to vote for will be for the one who can help this country best and not directly affect my life for the bad. All the democrats want Medicare for all and that’s going to affect everyone. It’s something I will not vote for. So even if I liked one of the Democrat choices I wouldn’t vote for them for that reason alone. They have gone WAY to far left for my liking!
“ you lefties “
Do you really think everyone who doesn’t support Trump is a “lefty”?
😳
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Did he say the judge couldn’t “ do his job” because he is Mexican? Or that he felt he may be biased against him? Because I read he was worried he would be biased.
To do their job, a judge has to be fair regardless of their opinion of the actions/crimes, personality, politics or whatever else of any of the parties. Saying he can’t be fair to someone because “he’s a Mexican” is saying he can’t do his job.
Let’s look at this from a different angle. Let’s say a blue collar black man is on trial for murder of a rich white man. As his defense lawyer you have to help pick the jury. Who would you try best to get on the jury? A bunch of white collar rich men who would relate with the victim or blue collar black men who would relate to the accused? Everyone has some bias. When it comes to judges and jury you are going to hope for someone who may not have bias against you.
This example of how you have pretty much put words in Trumps mouth to make him racist to fit your agenda is exactly why I am skeptical of many things said about Trump. And it is exactly why I will not make my voting decision based on what a bunch of hate filled people say I should think. I’m not a puppet like many people. Besides, my decision on who to vote for will be for the one who can help this country best and not directly affect my life for the bad. All the democrats want Medicare for all and that’s going to affect everyone. It’s something I will not vote for. So even if I liked one of the Democrat choices I wouldn’t vote for them for that reason alone. They have gone WAY to far left for my liking!
It’s illegal to strike jurors because of their race - the Supreme Court has ruled on that multiple times.

Who’s putting words in anyone’s mouth? Trump literally said “he’s a Mexican” - that’s saying he’s biased because of his ethnic origin. What, exactly, is there to be skeptical of? It’s a judge’s job to be fair, regardless of what they think of the people involved in a trial. How, exactly, does being “a Mexican” make him unable to do his job?

It’s a textbook example of bigotry. Acknowledging that doesn’t make anyone a puppet, nor does understanding that Trump supporters are either supportive of or willing to tolerate/overlook Trump’s multiple examples of bigotry, misogyny, untruthfulness and general idiocy. And speaking of healthcare, whatever happened to Trump’s magical plan of “insurance for everybody”, lower costs/better care, no changes to pre-existing condition coverage and no cuts to Medicare or Medicaid? It’s almost like he was bullshitting the entire time.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:59 pm

It’s illegal to strike jurors because of their race - the Supreme Court has ruled on that multiple times.

Who’s putting words in anyone’s mouth? Trump literally said “he’s a Mexican” - that’s saying he’s biased because of his ethnic origin. What, exactly, is there to be skeptical of? It’s a judge’s job to be fair, regardless of what they think of the people involved in a trial. How, exactly, does being “a Mexican” make him unable to do his job?

It’s a textbook example of bigotry. Acknowledging that doesn’t make anyone a puppet, nor does understanding that Trump supporters are either supportive of or willing to tolerate/overlook Trump’s multiple examples of bigotry, misogyny, untruthfulness and general idiocy. And speaking of healthcare, whatever happened to Trump’s magical plan of “insurance for everybody”, lower costs/better care, no changes to pre-existing condition coverage and no cuts to Medicare or Medicaid? It’s almost like he was bullshitting the entire time.
I wasn’t talking about striking a jury for their race. I was speaking of trying to pick someone who related with the accused ( for the defense side) or the victim ( for the prosecutor). 🙄 I see the point flew way over your head.

You put words in his mouth when you said Trump said the judge couldn’t do his job because he is Mexican. Trump said he was worried he would be biased. Save your argument on that means the same thing. I already read it. 🤣

I hate having conversations with you because I always feel like you talk in circles. ⭕️ ⭕️ ⭕️
I’m just going to walk away. It’s always exhausting to talk to you. You never can agree to disagree. You almost demand people have the same opinion as you or you will talk circles around them. Lol Just like a lefty! The intolerable left. Have a good night. I need to focus on more pressing things.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:56 pm

“ you lefties “
Do you really think everyone who doesn’t support Trump is a “lefty”?
😳
No Libby 🙄 I don’t think the only people who don’t support Trump is a lefty 🙄🙄
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:14 pm

I wasn’t talking about striking a jury for their race. I was speaking of trying to pick someone who related with the accused ( for the defense side) or the victim ( for the prosecutor). 🙄 I see the point flew way over your head.

You put words in his mouth when you said Trump said the judge couldn’t do his job because he is Mexican. Trump said he was worried he would be biased. Save your argument on that means the same thing. I already read it. 🤣

I hate having conversations with you because I always feel like you talk in circles. ⭕️ ⭕️ ⭕️
I’m just going to walk away. It’s always exhausting to talk to you. You never can agree to disagree. You almost demand people have the same opinion as you or you will talk circles around them. Lol Just like a lefty! The intolerable left. Have a good night. I need to focus on more pressing things.
It didn’t fly over my head. Trump specifically singled out the ethnicity of the judge by saying he was unfair. In your little example, to be comparable, striking the jurors would be based on their race, since that’s why Trump assumed bias on the part of Judge Curiel.

Okay, you read it. How is it not the same thing? It’s a judge’s job to stay fair regardless of who is appearing in front of them. How is saying he can’t be fair because “he’s a Mexican” not saying he can’t do his job? You’ve yet to explain.

Bye bye. Not surprised you’ve been unable to explain how this isn’t a textbook example of bigotry. You know, because it is.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:24 pm

It didn’t fly over my head. Trump specifically singled out the ethnicity of the judge by saying he was unfair. In your little example, to be comparable, striking the jurors would be based on their race, since that’s why Trump assumed bias on the part of Judge Curiel.

Okay, you read it. How is it not the same thing? It’s a judge’s job to stay fair regardless of who is appearing in front of them. How is saying he can’t be fair because “he’s a Mexican” not saying he can’t do his job? You’ve yet to explain.

Bye bye. Not surprised you’ve been unable to explain how this isn’t a textbook example of bigotry. You know, because it is.
You’re right !
👏
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

⭕️ ⭕️ ⭕️ ⭕️ ⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️
As I said I was talking about picking someone who could relate. That doesn’t mean that you would say I’m not picking that white man. He’s white. Scratch that. If it makes you understand better just say poor person and rich person. You would want to pick someone with the same kind of background. Someone relatable. Now I’m not going over that again so that better be good enough because like I said I’m done talking in circles as this conversation totally went off topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:56 pm

As I said I was talking about picking someone who could relate. That doesn’t mean that you would say I’m not picking that white man. He’s white. Scratch that. If it makes you understand better just say poor person and rich person. You would want to pick someone with the same kind of background. Someone relatable. Now I’m not going over that again so that better be good enough because like I said I’m done talking in circles.
So would the only people capable of presiding over a trial in which Trump is a party in an unbiased way be old, white, conservative, rich men? Why couldn’t an American-born man of Mexican ethnic background “relate” to him?

It’s a judge’s job to stay fair regardless of who is appearing in front of them. How is saying he can’t be fair because “he’s a Mexican” not saying he can’t do his job? You’ve yet to explain.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:00 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:56 pm

As I said I was talking about picking someone who could relate. That doesn’t mean that you would say I’m not picking that white man. He’s white. Scratch that. If it makes you understand better just say poor person and rich person. You would want to pick someone with the same kind of background. Someone relatable. Now I’m not going over that again so that better be good enough because like I said I’m done talking in circles.
So would the only people capable of presiding over a trial in which Trump is a party in an unbiased way be old, white, conservative, rich men? Why couldn’t an American-born man of Mexican ethnic background “relate” to him?

It’s a judge’s job to stay fair regardless of who is appearing in front of them. How is saying he can’t be fair because “he’s a Mexican” not saying he can’t do his job? You’ve yet to explain.
You don’t get to have a jury full of all the people you want. You know this. Each side gets to pick.
As for how it’s not an example of bigotry, expressing concerns of someone being biased towards you isn’t being intolerant to them.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:37 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:16 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:11 pm

It’s manipulative because every damn thing is racist now days. You can be called racist for anything. The left have especially used racism accusations as a tool. That IS manipulative. The left have seen certain things to be racist that perhaps other people have not. The left demands that you see it as racist or you are condoning racism and are racist. Look through the comments. It was very clearly said that if you vote/support Trump you are racist. I rest my case. Now move on and agree to disagree like a good little girl.
Trump said an American judge of Mexican heritage couldn’t be fair to him because “he’s a Mexican”. What is that if not outright bigotry based on his ethnic background? How can it be seen as anything else?

So, with the understanding he’s been outright bigoted over and over, how is it unfair or manipulative to say people must either agree to be willing to tolerate and enable it if they vote for him?

No thanks, I’ll post whatever I want on a board literally meant for discussing opinions! You can deal with that, like a good little girl.
I’m not a good little girl. I’m a bad little girl. And apparently so are you! 😂
What is the content in this comment of Trump saying the judge of Mexican heritage couldn’t be fair? Was it in a situation the judge could have been biased in?
the judge was a member of the "la raza" lawyer's association. "la raza" is a hispanic supremecist movement.
Locked Previous topicNext topic