Call on Walmart to end gun sales

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1997372001
Pressure on Walmart to stop gun sales.
Thoughts?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If they perform the background checks, what's the point?
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wal-Mart has a policy of not ending the Brady Date.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:10 am Wal-Mart has a policy of not ending the Brady Date.
What ?
What’s the Brady Date?
I googled it and saw the Brady Law only.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

I doubt that it would make any difference at all if Walmart stopped selling guns.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:26 am
Carpy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:10 am Wal-Mart has a policy of not ending the Brady Date.
What ?
What’s the Brady Date?
The three day waiting period. If no response is given on the background check you can let them take the gun after three business days.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:56 am
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:26 am
What ?
What’s the Brady Date?
The three day waiting period. If no response is given on the background check you can let them take the gun after three business days.
Ok thanks
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well, three days is hardly enough time to do a thorough background check. That is ridiculous.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 am Well, three days is hardly enough time to do a thorough background check. That is ridiculous.
I agree!
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 am Well, three days is hardly enough time to do a thorough background check. That is ridiculous.
How long do you think it should take? If your record is clean it doesn’t take long. My husband gets a security background check and it’s pretty quickly done. And they look for everything. You give your SSN and it looks for arrests or other crime that could make you ineligible.
Locked Previous topicNext topic