Israel bars entry to outspoken U.S. Congresswomen Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib, deputy foreign minister says

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Israel's deputy foreign minister said the government has decided to bar two U.S. Democratic congresswomen who support the Palestinian-led boycott movement from entering the country next week. Tzipi Hotovely told Israel Radio in an interview Thursday that "Israel has decided not to allow" Reps. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ilhan Omar of Minnesota to visit as planned.

The move to bar Reps. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ilhan Omar of Minnesota from visiting the close American ally appeared to be unprecedented, and marked a deep foray by Israel into America’s bitterly polarized politics. It is also a sharp escalation of Israel’s campaign against the international boycott movement.

Israel’s interior ministry said in statement that “the state of Israel respects the American Congress, in the framework of the close alliance between the two countries, but it’s unacceptable to allow the entrance to the country of those who wish to harm the state of Israel, especially during their visit.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/israel-con ... resswomen/

https://www.apnews.com/19a6c707c401467d91297e6e027308ee
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, they support BDS, they shouldn’t be too surprised. I’m sure that any country would do the same to any person who openly displays discord and/or hostility towards that country.
And why would they want to go to Israel anyway? That’s completely against BDS ideology. Personally, I would welcome them with open arms. See how much they continue to badmouth Israel after actually being there and see firsthand its contributions to the world. Maybe they’ll learn that they’re not boycotting Israel as much as they think they are 😁
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:04 pm Well, they support BDS, they shouldn’t be too surprised. I’m sure that any country would do the same to any person who openly displays discord and/or hostility towards that country.
And why would they want to go to Israel anyway? That’s completely against BDS ideology. Personally, I would welcome them with open arms. See how much they continue to badmouth Israel after actually being there and see firsthand its contributions to the world. Maybe they’ll learn that they’re not boycotting Israel as much as they think they are 😁
they specifically want to go there to gain support and publicity for the boycott.

If/when the new younger generation of democrats takes over, Israel is screwed. but who cares because orange man bad, right?? 🤡
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Seems like these 2 are only trying to get in front of cameras and going on world travels. aren't hey supposed to be working to represent the districts that elected them?
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WASHINGTON — At the urging of President Trump, Israel on Thursday took the extraordinary step of barring two Democratic U.S. congresswomen who have been outspoken critics of the president from visiting the country. -LA Times

What a traitor to his own country .

Can you imagine the uproar if any other presidents in History actively worked against US Congress members when it came to international relations... it’s shameful.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Israel can't make their own decisions now, lol

wait a minute, Omar said the USA is controlled of Israel? but I guess its the other way around?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, that’s dumb. Going to Israel to get support for BDS is like going to a Trump rally to try to get support for immigrants 🙄
water<wine wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:21 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:04 pm Well, they support BDS, they shouldn’t be too surprised. I’m sure that any country would do the same to any person who openly displays discord and/or hostility towards that country.
they specifically want to go there to gain support and publicity for the boycott.

If/when the new younger generation of democrats takes over, Israel is screwed. but who cares because orange man bad, right?? 🤡
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well... there is an uproar about this...
I gotta say, though, if a foreign politician actively promoted a boycott against America, had openly and constantly be critical of America, had been a supporter of groups that promote discord and hatred against America, wouldn’t you expect that person to not be granted entry to America? And how many countries have banned people from entering just on the basis that they represent values that are against that country’s? Didn’t Ireland, the UK and Australia ban Steven Anderson from entering their countries over his anti-gay views? I remember people cheering for that, so why is now Israel being condemned for not allowing in people that represent values that go against Israel? Values that hurt Israel? People who actively and constantly vilify Israel?

Ultimately, Israeli law says that no one who actively supports BDS is allowed in Israel. Are you saying that American politicians should be above the law? They chose a position, they chose to use that position for political purposes. That has consequences. They’re not above the consequences just because they’re American and politicians. They can now play victim all they want now (I’m sure that was the bottom line of the plan, anyway), when you go around openly, publicly and constantly vilifying people and badmouthing them, don’t go crying when they don’t want you in their home.

One thing I would say, though, against this decision: lousy timing. I’m sure it was a smart move by The Squad to suggest visiting Israel knowing that Trump would jump at the chance to “screw them over”. I think he took the bait, the idiot. And Netanyahu- who’s far from an idiot- was really left without another option. His country and his people come first. He had to do what was necessary for their safety. He had to abide by the law and not make exceptions for openly anti-Israel people just because they’re foreign representatives.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:52 pm WASHINGTON — At the urging of President Trump, Israel on Thursday took the extraordinary step of barring two Democratic U.S. congresswomen who have been outspoken critics of the president from visiting the country. -LA Times

Can you imagine the uproar if any other presidents in History actively worked against US Congress members when it came to international relations... it’s shameful.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What’s interesting is that a year ago she refused to attend a trip to Israel organized by AIPAC for American politicians and claimed she’d be going to the West Bank instead. That, of course, after stating her support for BDS.

So why is she so upset that she’s being refused entry to a country she claimed she had no interest in visiting? I mean, if I was told I’m not allowed to enter Saudi Arabia, I wouldn’t give a damn, since I’m not remotely interested in visiting Saudi Arabia.

And no is saying that she doesn’t have a right to support BDS or to believe Israel is evil or to vilify Israel publicly. But actions have consequences. If you’ve made your political platform supporting movements that harm Israel, promoting ideas that’s vilify Israel, don’t expect Israel to welcome you when it’s convenient for you.

All this is just a carefully planned stunt. It was the perfect time to manipulate things to continue on the Squad’s victim act. The whole “send her back” hoopla was dying down, they needed a new excuse to portray themselves as victims of injustice. And to do that using Israel for it? Hats off at them, it was brilliant. Two birds with one stone! And like the idiot that he is regarding international politics and diplomacy, Trump took the bait and did what they wanted him to do.
water<wine wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm Israel can't make their own decisions now, lol

wait a minute, Omar said the USA is controlled of Israel? but I guess its the other way around?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m not bothered by the fact that Israel said they aren’t allowed in... that’s fine.

I think it’s atrocious that an American president worked against members of the American Congress in the eyes of a foreign nation.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:07 pm Well... there is an uproar about this...
I gotta say, though, if a foreign politician actively promoted a boycott against America, had openly and constantly be critical of America, had been a supporter of groups that promote discord and hatred against America, wouldn’t you expect that person to not be granted entry to America? And how many countries have banned people from entering just on the basis that they represent values that are against that country’s? Didn’t Ireland, the UK and Australia ban Steven Anderson from entering their countries over his anti-gay views? I remember people cheering for that, so why is now Israel being condemned for not allowing in people that represent values that go against Israel? Values that hurt Israel? People who actively and constantly vilify Israel?

Ultimately, Israeli law says that no one who actively supports BDS is allowed in Israel. Are you saying that American politicians should be above the law? They chose a position, they chose to use that position for political purposes. That has consequences. They’re not above the consequences just because they’re American and politicians. They can now play victim all they want now (I’m sure that was the bottom line of the plan, anyway), when you go around openly, publicly and constantly vilifying people and badmouthing them, don’t go crying when they don’t want you in their home.

One thing I would say, though, against this decision: lousy timing. I’m sure it was a smart move by The Squad to suggest visiting Israel knowing that Trump would jump at the chance to “screw them over”. I think he took the bait, the idiot. And Netanyahu- who’s far from an idiot- was really left without another option. His country and his people come first. He had to do what was necessary for their safety. He had to abide by the law and not make exceptions for openly anti-Israel people just because they’re foreign representatives.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:52 pm WASHINGTON — At the urging of President Trump, Israel on Thursday took the extraordinary step of barring two Democratic U.S. congresswomen who have been outspoken critics of the president from visiting the country. -LA Times

Locked Previous topicNext topic