Call on Walmart to end gun sales

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

This is silly- telling Walmart to stop selling guns is a waste of time.
Those who want guns and those whose living consists of making or selling guns will keep them available somewhere no matter how many people object to the “gun culture “ . There will always be gun lovers whose fears cause them to purchase or steal guns “ for self defense”. And there are those who need guns due to their own mental problems, anger , or criminal behavior.
It’s not going to matter whether or not Walmart sells guns. What matters is the fact that there are too many people who “need”, desperately need Guns.
It’s a national epidemic .
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 am Well, three days is hardly enough time to do a thorough background check. That is ridiculous.
What do you want them to do? Sent a PI to talk to the neighbors and employers of the potential gun owner. A police check doesn't take long at all, especially if there is a clean record.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 pm
EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 am Well, three days is hardly enough time to do a thorough background check. That is ridiculous.
I got my job in a prison, federal background checks, and it only took 2 days.
When I worked at the prison, it took me 30 minutes, to a to run a background check on potential visitors. When there is nothing to find, it don't take long at all.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:47 am I would go for three months. That should be enough time to check you and anyone who may have access to your brand new gun.
DSamuels wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 am
How long should it take? A week? A month?
3 months?? I got my federal background check back in less than a week. Background checks don’t take long, especially if your record is clean.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:14 am
hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:58 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:36 pm And if you have seconds, you wouldn’t be able to get to your gun if it was properly and safely stored. Because you do know that the safest way to store guns is unloaded, locked and separate from ammunition. So please tell me how would a safely stored gun would save you when you only have seconds to get it?

My handgun is in a fingerprint safe with the clip out and next to it. The clip is loaded. It would take me about 30-45 seconds to get from the door to the bedroom. The kids would get in the closet while I get the gun. We’ve practice before.
Magazine.
I ALMOST did that.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:52 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:14 am
hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:58 pm

My handgun is in a fingerprint safe with the clip out and next to it. The clip is loaded. It would take me about 30-45 seconds to get from the door to the bedroom. The kids would get in the closet while I get the gun. We’ve practice before.
Magazine.
I ALMOST did that.
LOL. I thought I'd beat you to the draw, so to speak, hahaha 😂
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:56 am
Ledina60 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:50 am

No. Why?
Seriously?!

You don't remember shopping at Western Auto or looking through the Sears catalog? I find that hard to believe.
Western auto? I’ve never seen one or heard of it.
That sounds like a “ guy store”.

I worked at Sears in two different cities but I don’t remember much about their catalog. I know my kids loved to write lists of things they wanted from the sears Christmas catalog though. Otherwise, I wasn’t into catalog shopping. I store shop. In the store shopping is much better.
Anyway- so?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Auto

Both stores sold rifles and shotguns. Just like Wal-Mart, except the Revelation brand was a quality product. The guns at Wal-Mart aren't worth the prices.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:08 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:08 am
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:19 pm
Lol
Yah , of course- because I live in a Ghetto where people forget to lock their doors and drugs and guns are being sold and stolen .... gosh if better be careful .

Nope.

I live in a peaceful, protected townhome complex where we haven’t ever been broken into.
I’d have a greater chance of being hit by a bus if I’m not looking.
Ummmm
Are you really that scared? Asking for a friend,
Smh, lol. Are you Josie Biden?
Who is “ Josie Biden”?
I know of and admire Joe Biden..,
Smh
You seem to be mimicking him with this gaffe.
306/232

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:35 am This is silly- telling Walmart to stop selling guns is a waste of time.
Those who want guns and those whose living consists of making or selling guns will keep them available somewhere no matter how many people object to the “gun culture “ . There will always be gun lovers whose fears cause them to purchase or steal guns “ for self defense”. And there are those who need guns due to their own mental problems, anger , or criminal behavior.
It’s not going to matter whether or not Walmart sells guns. What matters is the fact that there are too many people who “need”, desperately need Guns.
It’s a national epidemic .
Because you fear guns you equate owning a gun with fear. I don’t know any gun owner or person who carries a concealed weapon that is the least bit fearful or afraid with or without their gun. I don’t think any of them feel like they need a gun either.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I didn't read the article. Is Walmart the top gun seller?
Locked Previous topicNext topic