U.S. Rep. Steve King: If not for rape and incest, 'would there be any population left?'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

U.S. Rep. Steve King told the Westside Conservative Club Wednesday that humanity might not exist if not for rape and incest throughout human history.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" he said in Urbandale, Iowa. "Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

The Kiron Republican was discussing his defense of not allowing exceptions for rape and incest in the anti-abortion legislation he tried to pass in Congress. Republican leadership had prevented bills he sponsored on banning abortions from advancing through the House, despite GOP support for the measures, King said.

He also discussed the criticism he faced over a New York Times quote on white nationalism and white supremacy in January...the Times published an article quoting King saying “white nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?”

King said there was a plan for President Donald Trump to criticize him as well, but he met with Trump and said there's "no signal from Donald Trump that he's anything other than supportive of me."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 007230001/
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wow. Just wow.
Noneya
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

So we officially have a GOP'er defending rape and incest.

There are no words anymore.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So not only has he been an obvious white nationalist sympathizer (at best) for years, and been on GOP committees and in demands for GOP Presidential campaigns despite that, he’s proposing that women being forced to carry pregnancies as a result of rape/incest be legislated since, hey, it’s a part of human history.

And this is someone there’s “no signal from Donald Trump that he's anything other than supportive of”.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Man, he's like that boil on your ass that won't go away.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WoW! Incredible but not unexpected.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Disgusting excuse for a human being.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Omg
😳
He’s insane!
Locked Previous topicNext topic