Tariffs

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Noneya
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If tariffs are a good thing & Americans don't pay for them thru higher priced goods, then why would he need/decide to delay the latest round of tariffs on China so that US retailers can stock up before Christmas & not have to raise prices?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/13/trump-s ... eason.html
Deleted User 670

Unread post

shhhh!

Noneya
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

so none of his supporters can explain why if we're not paying for the tariffs, why would he worry about cost increases for Christmas?

Bueller? Bueller?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I went to a local small business yesterday to look at new houses for two of my feathered babies. The owner is giving me a great deal - two sweet houses for $560. The owner told me she just got her new stock in and the prices she paid went up. Guess why.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Noneya wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:11 pm If tariffs are a good thing & Americans don't pay for them thru higher priced goods, then why would he need/decide to delay the latest round of tariffs on China so that US retailers can stock up before Christmas & not have to raise prices?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/13/trump-s ... eason.html
Because tariff wars are never good and consumers pay the tariffs, NOT China. Did Fox News inform their viewers that they were conned and China doesn't actually pay the tariffs, they are passed on to the consumers?

They won't happen later either, Trump lost his tariff war. Screwed with the stock market while he was at it.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Because he was lying or just plain stupid about the consequences of tariffs.
Locked Previous topicNext topic