Political drama on a knitting/crochet site. Ravelry bans ...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:04 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:59 pm They need to ban ALL political postings, not just one side. Oh wait. That's now how it works in the mind of Democrat.
Why do you assume Ravelry is a Democratic site? It's been around for decades, and has had many political threads over the years.

No one is banned from using the site. They just made a decision about this POTUS at this time, based on current events.
Never said that Ravalry was/is a democrat site. However, since being tolerant and fair is a battle cry the Democrats want the world to believe they are, then they need to be fair and not allow the views or whatever of the other side, especially during the upcoming election cycle. Anything less is hypocritical.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

jas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:07 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:59 pm They need to ban ALL political postings, not just one side. Oh wait. That's now how it works in the mind of Democrat.
Bingo. The thing is - it's not just here. Many of the crochet groups on FB are following suit. Even those where talk is restricted to crochet only. Some are saying any mention of Ralvery is banned. Which is even more stupid because it's a knitting and crochet site that has a shit ton of cool patterns.
ugg - It's no different than Skip coming in and saying all Obama supporters must be silenced or leave. Feel the way you want, but no talk of your political side is allowed.

It's stupid.
There is a whole lot of stupid floating around these days.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:09 pm
Why do you assume Ravelry is a Democratic site? It's been around for decades, and has had many political threads over the years.

No one is banned from using the site. They just made a decision about this POTUS at this time, based on current events.
To which all political talk should be out. The fact they took a "side" clearly states which way they lean. We can talk about the democrats all day long.
Agree to disagree.

They took a position after 2.5 years of the administration being in the WH and seeing the actions taken, not based on a "side" or a political party. If that was the case it would have happened at inauguration - not years later. They made it clear it was about his support of racist remarks and actions.

It is a privately held company and they can set the user agreement as they choose.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't crochet so I've no dog in this. I would just simply say please take any discussions on religion and politics elsewhere. In my day you didn't discuss those topics in a social setting anyway. It was just not done.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

I agree.
There doesnt have to be political talk at all.
And I am a Democrat.
Not all democrats think alike.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:09 pm

To which all political talk should be out. The fact they took a "side" clearly states which way they lean. We can talk about the democrats all day long.
So, it is OK to support Mayor Pete, Crazy Bernie, or Creepy Uncle Joe.... just don't support Trump.
How strange... and they say they want to be inclusive of all. Their policy doesn't do that, though.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You know, that new policy sounds an awful lot like the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy we had in the military for a long, long time. Don't ask me who I support, and I won't tell you who I support... but if I support the "right side" then I can talk about it all day long.

Haven't we grown past that kind of thinking?
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why would Politics be on a knitting board to begin with?

Knit one , purl one... give me patterns , not your opinions on immigration...
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:51 pm Why would Politics be on a knitting board to begin with?

Exactly. I would think it would be nice to have one spot somewhere that you WEREN'T assaulted by all of this nonsense.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:51 pm Why would Politics be on a knitting board to begin with?

Apparently we are all supposed to eat, breathe, and sleep politics these days.... no way to avoid political talk you don't want to hear, so banning one side is necessary... (sarc.)
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic