AOC (who claims we have concentration camps) refuses invitation to visit real, actual concentration camps

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:15 pm
msb64 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:06 pm

I don't know. I have, but does that matter?
Yah- it matters.🙁
We went to Dachau in southern Germany in the early 1970’s. We took a tour of the entire camp, the barracks, the Ovens, listened to a Priest who had been a prisoner there speak and saw huge photos hung on the walls of prisoners.
It was something I’ll never forget.

He explained that residents who lived near Dachau and saw smoke billowing from the ovens refused to believe prisoners were dying there and they refused to believe Hiltler was getting rid of Jews. The “ final solution “. German citizens would not believe anything like that would happen in THEIR country.
Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.
I didn't want to imply that visiting these camps is not important. I lived in Bergkirchen for several years and visited Dachau multiple times. The amount of horror that humans could inflict on fellow humans is horrific and should be witnessed. I just meant that I don't find it necessary for someone to visit a camp in order to label how we are housing fellow humans (including children) as concentration camps.

From the Holocaust Museum website:
Concentration camps: For the detention of civilians whom the regime perceived to be a security risk of some sort. There were 938 camps and subcamps.

Forced-labor camps and transit camps: In forced-labor camps, the Nazi regime brutally exploited the labor of prisoners for economic gain and to meet labor shortages. Prisoners lacked proper equipment, clothing, nourishment, or rest. Transit camps functioned as temporary holding facilities for Jews awaiting deportation. These camps were usually the last stop before deportations to a killing center. There were 1,830 forced-labor and transit camps.

Prisoner-of-war camps: For Allied and Soviet prisoners of war. There were 559 POW camps, but this figure does not include the tens of thousands of POW subcamps that existed.

Killing centers: Established primarily or exclusively for the assembly-line style murder of large numbers of people immediately upon arrival to the site. There were 5 killing centers.
I knew what you meant.👍🏻
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:57 pm
Lexy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:41 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:08 pm Not surprised. She’s ignorant and wants to stay ignorant. It’s hard to ever take this woman serious. She’s absurd.
Every week Rep O'Crazio-Cortez destroys millions of more votes for the Dem Party.
You HOPE!
She’s a threat to conservative women everywhere!
👏
😂🤣 that was a good laugh!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That would be an incredible honor. That man is a piece of living history. We need to soak up as much from that generation as possible, because they're almost gone from the earth.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:57 pm
Lexy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:41 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:08 pm Not surprised. She’s ignorant and wants to stay ignorant. It’s hard to ever take this woman serious. She’s absurd.
Every week Rep O'Crazio-Cortez destroys millions of more votes for the Dem Party.
You HOPE!
She’s a threat to conservative women everywhere!
👏
LMAO. She is an idiot and shows the world every day how stupid she is.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:02 pm I'm coming to discover that unless AOC is basking in admiration and adoration from others, she doesn't care to really do much about proving her political/social points.

If you argue with her, you're a racist and xenophobe. If you question her, she dismisses you with a giggle or rolling of her eyes.

That she didn't want to take him up on his offer is no surprise. This is not the first time she's turned down an invitation. There was one only a few weeks ago from a potential contender for her position in the 14th district who wanted a debate. AOC, of course, refused.

She loves being heard/seen, and loves attention. She's at a very narcissistic time in her political career and ultimately, it may end up hurting her greatly.
She reminds me of POTUS, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Has AOC even ever visited a detention center? If not, she probably should sit her over educated ass down.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:23 am Has AOC even ever visited a detention center? If not, she probably should sit her over educated ass down.
“ over educated “?
There’s no such thing.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:26 am
MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:23 am Has AOC even ever visited a detention center? If not, she probably should sit her over educated ass down.
“ over educated “?
There’s no such thing.
There is if you blatantly act like a fool. An educated person would be smart enough to not turn down certain opportunities when presented to them.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:06 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:02 pm I'm coming to discover that unless AOC is basking in admiration and adoration from others, she doesn't care to really do much about proving her political/social points.

If you argue with her, you're a racist and xenophobe. If you question her, she dismisses you with a giggle or rolling of her eyes.

That she didn't want to take him up on his offer is no surprise. This is not the first time she's turned down an invitation. There was one only a few weeks ago from a potential contender for her position in the 14th district who wanted a debate. AOC, of course, refused.

She loves being heard/seen, and loves attention. She's at a very narcissistic time in her political career and ultimately, it may end up hurting her greatly.
She reminds me of POTUS, lol.
In the regard of narcissism, I agree with you.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree! Both sides could do with seeing those things and understanding the similarities and differences.
And I have to say, as a Jew myself, I don’t find her comparison far fetched or insulting. It fits the general definition of a “concentration camp”. The concept of the concentration camp isn’t exclusive to Nazi Germany. There have been many concentration camps around the world, practically none of them committing nowhere near the atrocities that the Nazis did at theirs. Are these people now all offended over her comment equally angry about all these other “concentration camps” as well?
msb64 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:01 pm I think she should have agreed to go with him. Conversely, I think he should be allowed to view a detention camp with AOC. After that I would be interested in what they both have to say.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic