CONCENTRATION CAMPS

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I've noticed that many of you are unaware of what Concentration camps are.

Here you go:

Concentration camps persecute their prisoners by violent means: starvation, rape, mass killings, torture, etc.

What we are seeing at the Southern border are detainment facilities created to ensure that illegal migrants don't go underground to avoid deportation.

You're welcome.
KAG
Mean Girl
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thank you. I was wondering when we started mass executions of people in those camps. I couldn’t find any info, because we aren’t.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... ies-trump/
An Expert on Concentration Camps Says That's Exactly What the U.S. Is Running at the Border
"Things can be concentration camps without being Dachau or Auschwitz."
But while the world-historical horrors of the Holocaust are unmatched, they are only the most extreme and inhuman manifestation of a concentration-camp system—which, according to Andrea Pitzer, author of One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps, has a more global definition. There have been concentration camps in France, South Africa, Cuba, the Soviet Union, and—with Japanese internment—the United States. In fact, she contends we are operating such a system right now in response to a very real spike in arrivals at our southern border.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So we have detainment centers. Good to know, I was really worried about the concentration camps. I don't trust the government much, but I was pretty sure they weren't sending immigrants to their deaths.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Concentration camps and death camps are 2 different things.
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:31 pm So we have detainment centers. Good to know, I was really worried about the concentration camps. I don't trust the government much, but I was pretty sure they weren't sending immigrants to their deaths.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Technically, yes. However, in today's usage, the two terms are synonymous. I think it is much better all the way around to not even use the term concentration camp, as it evokes the Holocaust.

BTW, you do know that not many made it out of the concentration camps alive, right? For far too many, the concentration camp WAS a death camp. Also, how many Japanese were sent to their deaths in the internment camps? I don't like that that even happened, and would never consider that to be a way to deal with a potential enemy, it was far better than the camps in Germany. And it is still a very different thing than hundreds of thousands bearing down on the border with no where to go....
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:35 pm Concentration camps and death camps are 2 different things.
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:31 pm So we have detainment centers. Good to know, I was really worried about the concentration camps. I don't trust the government much, but I was pretty sure they weren't sending immigrants to their deaths.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They’re still 2 different things and no one has accused America of having death camps. But both the conditions at the border’s concentration camps and the attitudes of the American government perfectly fit the definition. It’s exactly what they are.
Did you watch “Empire of the Sun”? The kid was in a concentration camp. Just because it wasn’t a death camp like Auschwitz, it doesn’t make it any less an actual concentration camp.
And BTW, did you know that several people at the border’s concentration camps have lost their lives already? The conditions are inhuman, but it’s acceptable for Trump and his supporters because they’ve worked hard in dehumanizing and vilifying these people. And it’s already caused several deaths. It’ll only get worse.
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:45 pm Technically, yes. However, in today's usage, the two terms are synonymous. I think it is much better all the way around to not even use the term concentration camp, as it evokes the Holocaust.

BTW, you do know that not many made it out of the concentration camps alive, right? For far too many, the concentration camp WAS a death camp. Also, how many Japanese were sent to their deaths in the internment camps? I don't like that that even happened, and would never consider that to be a way to deal with a potential enemy, it was far better than the camps in Germany. And it is still a very different thing than hundreds of thousands bearing down on the border with no where to go....
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:35 pm Concentration camps and death camps are 2 different things.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, I know people have died. People came there already sick, and others got sick there... CBP is doing the best they possibly can with what they have. Why don't you call your congressman and try to get more funding for the border crisis, instead of bitching about all the problems there at the border?

Oh, and let's not forget that this crisis is practically 100% preventable, and would be much less severe if we had a secure border, and no benefits for the illegals.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:49 pm They’re still 2 different things and no one has accused America of having death camps. But both the conditions at the border’s concentration camps and the attitudes of the American government perfectly fit the definition. It’s exactly what they are.
Did you watch “Empire of the Sun”? The kid was in a concentration camp. Just because it wasn’t a death camp like Auschwitz, it doesn’t make it any less an actual concentration camp.
And BTW, did you know that several people at the border’s concentration camps have lost their lives already? The conditions are inhuman, but it’s acceptable for Trump and his supporters because they’ve worked hard in dehumanizing and vilifying these people. And it’s already caused several deaths. It’ll only get worse.
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:45 pm Technically, yes. However, in today's usage, the two terms are synonymous. I think it is much better all the way around to not even use the term concentration camp, as it evokes the Holocaust.

Expand your thinking

Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I wonder if Miss Ocasio-Cortez will attempt to dismiss her latest comparison as she has when she referenced that that world would be over in 12 years?

Here's some interesting links from perspectives about her concentration camp insinuation:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-ho ... p-comments
https://ijr.com/ny-jewish-group-denoun ... ion-camps/

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/survivo ... -1.7400644

https://www.jns.org/jewish-groups-slam- ... ion-camps/

I want to like AOC. I honestly do. I admire her tenacity, her fire, and her ambitions. But she needs to cut the hyperbole for effect back a considerable amount IMHO.

She's hurting her reelection chances as she is the Democrat party with her rants.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh, yes. I’m sure my congressman in Texas will listen to me.
And ultimately, we all have a right to express our opinions. That’s not “bitching”. If you don’t want to read the opinions of others, then maybe you should stay if this site because that’s exactly what you’ll be reading everyday. Do you tell everyone to “stop their bitching” when you don’t like what they have to say?

I’m guessing I hit a nerve with these facts and it’s too disturbing for you to realize that America is indeed running concentration camps for these poor, innocent people. But telling me to shut up won’t change that.
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:56 pm Yes, I know people have died. People came there already sick, and others got sick there... CBP is doing the best they possibly can with what they have. Why don't you call your congressman and try to get more funding for the border crisis, instead of bitching about all the problems there at the border?

Oh, and let's not forget that this crisis is practically 100% preventable, and would be much less severe if we had a secure border, and no benefits for the illegals.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:49 pm They’re still 2 different things and no one has accused America of having death camps. But both the conditions at the border’s concentration camps and the attitudes of the American government perfectly fit the definition. It’s exactly what they are.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic