Elizabeth Warren Wants Reparations For Same-Sex Couples

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonadon wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 am I mean, if ad hominem is all you have...

Yes, my state prides itself on education. But that’s not my doing, so your arrogance comment is misdirected.
jas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:00 am
Anonadon wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:29 am Clearly I do.

For fun, I just looked up which states are the most, and least, educated. Every single one in the bottom ten was a poor southern state. Here are the bottom five (the number next to each is their score out of 100). My state was number one, but that’s not a surprise.
Least educated:
Mississippi: 21
West Virginia: 22
Louisiana: 23
Arkansas: 27
Alabama: 31

Your state was number 1. woo hoo! Your arrogance is not unnoticed. But I guess that explains why you assume poor people want a hand out.
I don't think so. You're the one who mentioned "your state" was number 1. Why mention it at all?
Deleted User 969

Unread post

Because I was listing the worst states for education. Mentioning the best isn’t out of place in the conversation.
jas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:49 am
Anonadon wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 am I mean, if ad hominem is all you have...

Yes, my state prides itself on education. But that’s not my doing, so your arrogance comment is misdirected.
jas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:00 am

Your state was number 1. woo hoo! Your arrogance is not unnoticed. But I guess that explains why you assume poor people want a hand out.
I don't think so. You're the one who mentioned "your state" was number 1. Why mention it at all?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonadon wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:52 am Because I was listing the worst states for education. Mentioning the best isn’t out of place in the conversation.

Of course.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

Do you disagree?
jas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:53 am
Anonadon wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:52 am Because I was listing the worst states for education. Mentioning the best isn’t out of place in the conversation.

Of course.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:34 pm
DSamuels wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:26 pm Serious question for all the people in favor of free college. Who pays the salaries of the professors and all other personnel who work there? Who pays for the food that the students are fed, for free? Who pays for the upkeep of the college and all buildings? Who pays for anything new that’s needed?
the dumbest thing about free colllege for all concept is that what makes something valuable is scarcity. if everyone has a college degree, it becomes the default expectation, no longer valuable, not anything that will improve your economic outlook. this is common sense. everyone and their mother has a highschool diploma and it doesnt mean squat now.
Making college financially available to all doesn't equal all attending college. If anything, an increased applicant pool will enable colleges to be even more selective. Most top tier schools have free tuition for students falling under a certain income. It has dramatically increased the number of students who apply despite the number of students accepted remains static. If anything, it has made an education at a top tier school even more valuable. I would imagine it would apply to state institutions as well. Why would it not?

Free tuition, IMO, is even more important at the community college level. Residents from my county have free CC tuition and there has been an uptick in enrollment since implementation. In trying to market the county as a place for businesses to relocate, it's important that we also have the workforce to operate these businesses. That is the motivating factor when it comes to expanding high school vocational programming as well as free CC.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:21 am
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:17 am
Ledina60 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:06 am
Ask the countries that offer free or inexpensive college- Germany, Sweden , Norway, etc.
But think about it....
TAXES.
It wouldn’t work in the good old USA though because most Americans are too stingy and cheap to contribute tax money to provide college education for anyone. Or just about anything.
The main idea , their philosophy, their goal is : is” lower taxes”!
I'm already donating 40% of what I EARN for them to squander. Really, when is enough enough? You're punished by earning more. It's just more to be taken away. What exactly motivates anyone to bother to improve themselves when the government just keeps reaching in your pocket to donate to those who don't want to do anything? We ALL might as well just stay home and collect.

Once that happens, the entrepreneurs and high wage earners get disgusted enough, WHERE DOES THE LEFT GET THEIR MONEY FROM THEN TO GIVE EVERYTHING AWAY?
Well then...
This issue is wasted on you since you’re not aware of where a huge chunk of your tax money goes.

Example: our taxes are spent on a horrendous amount of money devoted to military weaponry, government contracts that provide the ability to kill millions of people in foreign countries who have no interest in attacking US.
How’s that?
I’d rather spend my Fed taxes on education . It looks like education is desperately needed.
It does look like education is desperately needed. You think military spending should take a back seat to donating a college education to kids who probably don't care anyway?

You realize when you GIVE something away, you devalue it, don't you? It's taken for granted. If you want to go to college, you WORK for it. If you have to put effort in and your own money you're going to try a lot harder then something that's just handed to you. You don't need to care because it's coming to you regardless. No one is entitled to an education. That attitude is a MASSIVE problem in our society today.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:33 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:21 am
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:17 am

I'm already donating 40% of what I EARN for them to squander. Really, when is enough enough? You're punished by earning more. It's just more to be taken away. What exactly motivates anyone to bother to improve themselves when the government just keeps reaching in your pocket to donate to those who don't want to do anything? We ALL might as well just stay home and collect.

Once that happens, the entrepreneurs and high wage earners get disgusted enough, WHERE DOES THE LEFT GET THEIR MONEY FROM THEN TO GIVE EVERYTHING AWAY?
Well then...
This issue is wasted on you since you’re not aware of where a huge chunk of your tax money goes.

Example: our taxes are spent on a horrendous amount of money devoted to military weaponry, government contracts that provide the ability to kill millions of people in foreign countries who have no interest in attacking US.
How’s that?
I’d rather spend my Fed taxes on education . It looks like education is desperately needed.
It does look like education is desperately needed. You think military spending should take a back seat to donating a college education to kids who probably don't care anyway?

You realize when you GIVE something away, you devalue it, don't you? It's taken for granted. If you want to go to college, you WORK for it. If you have to put effort in and your own money you're going to try a lot harder then something that's just handed to you. You don't need to care because it's coming to you regardless. No one is entitled to an education. That attitude is a MASSIVE problem in our society today.
Some help is what’s needed.
Education is necessary and college is not just a party. It’s hard and yet students volunteer to spend time and money to go. A little help won’t make them devalue their college degree.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:04 pm So much bias and prejudice in this thread.
Discouraging.
always. its like 4 women talking to each other. no one ever has a conversation.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:50 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:04 pm So much bias and prejudice in this thread.
Discouraging.
always. its like 4 women talking to each other. no one ever has a conversation.
I see conversations here all the time. Good ones in fact.
It's comments like "so much biased and prejudice in this thread" because we have have a different opinion is how the shit shows start.
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic