Elizabeth Warren Wants Reparations For Same-Sex Couples

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:26 pm Serious question for all the people in favor of free college. Who pays the salaries of the professors and all other personnel who work there? Who pays for the food that the students are fed, for free? Who pays for the upkeep of the college and all buildings? Who pays for anything new that’s needed?
Ask the countries that offer free or inexpensive college- Germany, Sweden , Norway, etc.
But think about it....
TAXES.
It wouldn’t work in the good old USA though because most Americans are too stingy and cheap to contribute tax money to provide college education for anyone. Or just about anything.
The main idea , their philosophy, their goal is : is” lower taxes”!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You’re right. I’m sure every social group has been a victim of injustice at some point, somewhere. It’s part of our human history. We don’t go all around demanding to be paid because previous generations had different ideas and sometimes acted wrongly.
Anonadon wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:01 pm Rad. Does that mean I can get reparations for the student loans I paid, since she wants free college for all?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

How about repatriations for the native American people first. And she is a F***ing idiot.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:06 am
DSamuels wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:26 pm Serious question for all the people in favor of free college. Who pays the salaries of the professors and all other personnel who work there? Who pays for the food that the students are fed, for free? Who pays for the upkeep of the college and all buildings? Who pays for anything new that’s needed?
Ask the countries that offer free or inexpensive college- Germany, Sweden , Norway, etc.
But think about it....
TAXES.
It wouldn’t work in the good old USA though because most Americans are too stingy and cheap to contribute tax money to provide college education for anyone. Or just about anything.
I thought everybody wanted lower taxes. My feeling about college is, if you want to go work for it. Life isn't about how many handouts one can get. Get some motivation, get up off the couch and go work for what you want. You will be more thankful for it later
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

But think about it....
TAXES.
Our taxes are already mismanaged by a corrupt government, you really think giving these people more of our money is a good thing?
Free healthcare
Free education

How about free cars? Free housing? Free electric? Free phones? Oh, wait... Obama did that, didn't he? How well did that go?

Nothing is stopping you from opening your purse and paying for some stranger to go to school. Go for it.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

jas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:23 am
But think about it....
TAXES.
Our taxes are already mismanaged by a corrupt government, you really think giving these people more of our money is a good thing?
Free healthcare
Free education

How about free cars? Free housing? Free electric? Free phones? Oh, wait... Obama did that, didn't he? How well did that go?

Nothing is stopping you from opening your purse and paying for some stranger to go to school. Go for it.
Reagan started the “ free phone “ plan. Bush continued it.
Your reply is lots of fun, plenty of sarcasm, self indulgent reasoning.
Makes zero sense though.

https://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/Po ... d=17507339
Deleted User 969

Unread post

That’s excellent! But also atypical.
DSamuels wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:33 pm
Anonadon wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:36 pm I didn’t assume anything, thanks. But the fact is, the vast majority of that demographic can not afford to pay for college for themselves or their children.
jas wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Why do you assume poor people want hand outs?
Depends on the college. Yes, not everyone can afford an Ivy League education. My oldest grand just graduated from high school and is registered for a local college. She is required to room her freshman year. She worked her ass off and graduated Summa Cum Laude. Because of her grades she was awarded a $30,000 scholarship over the 4 years. The state also awards money from lottery, I believe that’s another $500 a year and she’ll get more from her AP and ACT test scores. Her parents are paying for her meal plan and I think she has her freshman year covered with no loan required. After her first year she can either arrange her classes and stay with us part time and go home between classes, or do whatever she wants.

She’s actually starting college with 28 credits and has tested out of most of the required freshman courses. We are very proud of her.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Yes you’re right.
ANY college is so expensive- I never considered “Ivy League”. Our state colleges in Minnesota are horribly expensive and that’s not even including the cost of living in-campus
( I have grandchildren attending college now)

Anonadon wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:49 am That’s excellent! But also atypical.
DSamuels wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:33 pm
Anonadon wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:36 pm I didn’t assume anything, thanks. But the fact is, the vast majority of that demographic can not afford to pay for college for themselves or their children.

Depends on the college. Yes, not everyone can afford an Ivy League education. My oldest grand just graduated from high school and is registered for a local college. She is required to room her freshman year. She worked her ass off and graduated Summa Cum Laude. Because of her grades she was awarded a $30,000 scholarship over the 4 years. The state also awards money from lottery, I believe that’s another $500 a year and she’ll get more from her AP and ACT test scores. Her parents are paying for her meal plan and I think she has her freshman year covered with no loan required. After her first year she can either arrange her classes and stay with us part time and go home between classes, or do whatever she wants.

She’s actually starting college with 28 credits and has tested out of most of the required freshman courses. We are very proud of her.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:28 am
jas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:23 am
But think about it....
TAXES.
Free healthcare
Free education

Reagan started the “ free phone “ plan. Bush continued it.
Your reply is lots of fun, plenty of sarcasm, self indulgent reasoning.
Makes zero sense though.

https://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/Po ... d=17507339
Yes, but only democrats call it the "obama phone"
Deleted User 969

Unread post

So? That article doesn’t disprove what I said at all and is quite cherrypick-y.
jas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:19 am
jas wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Why do you assume poor people want hand outs?
Wow. Ok. 6 of the 7 states according to this article are either blue or a swing state.
https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/stat ... lege.html/
Locked Previous topicNext topic