Missouri's lone abortion clinic loses license to perform procedure

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:48 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:36 pm
morgan wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Did you even read the article? The licence was revoked because of unsafe dangerous conditions while HAVING ABORTIONS. Do you think abortion clinics should be safe? No?
We're supposed to read articles before we post them??! oooops!

The only reason she has a beef with this Missouri/PP thing is because they have a Rep Gov. So, of course he's evil and doesn't care about the people in his state.... That's the ONLY thing it could possibly be, because they did NOT ban abortion, abortions are still legal and available in Missouri.
I read it all.
Governor Parsons made abortion after 8 weeks ILLEGAL.
I don’t trust him
Or the conservatives in the state in charge.
Planned parenthood is essential for inexpensive exams, advice and birth control.
That’s going to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Parsons should appreciate that.
Or maybe his “ right to life” mindset is anti birth control and pro abstinence for all women , even married ones?😆
I would love to know where the hell pro-choice people got the idea that pro-life people are anti birth control! Just because we want people to pay for their own BC doesn’t mean we are against it.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 473

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:10 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:51 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:48 pm

I'm not upset about a PP clinic losing it's license. There ARE other places to go to get the same services that any PP provides. I find the blind support for PP mostly naivete, or ignorance. Any service from PP can be received at numerous other places. And yes, women have always got abortions, one way or another, and they will continue to get them regardless of what the law says. But, they never celebrated getting them until here lately. That is what I find the most abhorrent about this, that some women actually celebrate getting abortions.
That is not true at all.
What isn't?
Abortions are not celebrated.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:38 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:34 pm
morgan wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Wait. It's me. I'm Libby. Darnit I keep forgetting.

Imma go find an article about fat people so I can educate everyone about how being fat is gross.

brb.

Derp.
Find one about the importance of higher education, too.
Sheesh....
Get it right, derp.
Does higher education count if you don’t graduate and don’t get a degree?
I think it does if you get your MRS degree.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Deleted User 473

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:17 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:34 pm

Find one about the importance of higher education, too.
Sheesh....
Get it right, derp.
This thread is not about Ledina. Stop or I will start reporting.
Deleted User 473

Unread post

This is a disgusting violation of human rights. No woman should be forced to put her health and safety at risk and no child should be born unwanted. We cannot allow forced births and abused children to become a normal part of life again because some people are uncomfortable with terminating a pregnancy.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:21 pm

That’s funny, I don’t recall putting her name in my comment. Why would you assume it was about her?

29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:14 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:51 pm

That is not true at all.
What isn't?
Oh, but they are!
https://medium.com/honestly-yours/can-w ... 537c9cdd78
This author really believes we should celebrate abortion.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cultu ... rtion-song
A song about wanting to give a friend an abortion shower, like mothers-to-be get baby showers.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... -new-laws/
Actress and talk show host Busy Philipps has launched the #YouKnowMe campaign to urge women to celebrate their abortions in the face of a raft of restrictive new abortion laws popping up in several states.[/quote

And let's not forget about the #ShoutYourAbortion that went viral just a little while back.

Yes, pema, there are indeed women who want to celebrate their abortions, and want others to do so as well.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 473

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:31 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:21 pm

That’s funny, I don’t recall putting her name in my comment. Why would you assume it was about her?
Again off topic. I know you can follow the rules. Try harder.
Deleted User 473

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:32 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:14 pm
What isn't?
Oh, but they are!
https://medium.com/honestly-yours/can-w ... 537c9cdd78
This author really believes we should celebrate abortion.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cultu ... rtion-song
A song about wanting to give a friend an abortion shower, like mothers-to-be get baby showers.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... -new-laws/
Actress and talk show host Busy Philipps has launched the #YouKnowMe campaign to urge women to celebrate their abortions in the face of a raft of restrictive new abortion laws popping up in several states.[/quote

And let's not forget about the #ShoutYourAbortion that went viral just a little while back.

Yes, pema, there are indeed women who want to celebrate their abortions, and want others to do so as well.
Because one author believes they should be and because Breitbart says so. LMAO

Thanks for proving my point and the laugh
Deleted User 203

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:48 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:12 pm The stereotyping of everything from politics to social platforms is so thick in this country.

I find this clinic potentially losing its license a shame and because as uncomfortable the mere thought the idea of abortion can bring to so many, it's a reality, and it has been for decades (honestly, MUCH longer than that).

And no matter what happens...no matter WHAT transpires as we continue along this trail to have a say-so in the medical rights of others, women WILL continue to get those abortions with or without medical assistance.

They did before and they'll do it again.
I'm not upset about a PP clinic losing it's license. There ARE other places to go to get the same services that any PP provides. I find the blind support for PP mostly naivete, or ignorance. Any service from PP can be received at numerous other places. And yes, women have always got abortions, one way or another, and they will continue to get them regardless of what the law says. But, they never celebrated getting them until here lately. That is what I find the most abhorrent about this, that some women actually celebrate getting abortions.
Celebrating the right to make a very private, personal medical choice for themselves is understandable and should be understandable for all, no matter WHAT that medical procedure might be.

Those using a rhetoric of celebrating an actual abortion are doing so as a push-back to the people calling a woman's right to choose the same as giving a woman the right to murder.

I don't think there is "blind support" for Planned Parenthood. I think a lot of the support comes from those who've actually been to one or know of others who have, who realize the wealth of services PP provides.

Not all services provided at PP are as affordable at these other places than they are at PP, especially for the uninsured.
Locked Previous topicNext topic